wont play my dvds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont play my dvds

I recently purchased media player 2 - unfortunately, it turns out that it can not play my original region 2 DVDs - I've tried several , but without success .

Apparently works bluray playback fine after all .

I have searched the web for others with the same problem and in this connection installed C ++ redistributable still no luck.

I have also tried to reinstall both the media player and windows10 , nothing seems to work .

Some have an idea of ​​what can be wrong?

Please attach the log file (win_player.log). You can find it at \(My)Documents\DVDFab Media Player. If it is oversized, edit it with Notepad and select the log session for one of these discs. Newest entries are at the end of the file.

What Region is your PC set up for?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Okay, thanks for the response.

I'm running windows10 64bit, just for information.

Here are my "win_player" files.

Not knowing to read the log file, I think everything looks all right? But really hope you can get more out of the file than I can.

As for your question regarding region on my system, so is my DVD / Bluray drive to Region 2 - which my DVDs are also in this region.

I might add that it does not work if I make DVD to ISO and try to play that way.

Hoping for your continued help.

Sincerely
      Christian
      Attached Files

Comment

Go into settings/video and set everything to software and give it a go, I have all sorts of unpredictable results set any other way.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with 90312's advice. Your logs look fine from what I can see. The hardware decoding could be the problem (or some unknown issue with Win10). Also, make sure Player is set to Region B and Simple Mode in Settings. Try it and tell us how it turns out.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi guys

I really appreciate your help, unfortunately it has not paid off :-(

I already had all the decoder set to software, and region B also.

It does not seem to make a difference, unfortunately.

I've added a new win_player.log and scrrenshot for my settings.

Sincerely
            Christian
            Attached Files

Comment

It is a bit strange, because if I open the playlist (F3) you can actually see the different titles - but I can still not play anything.

I think in the end I try to reinstall windows 7 and skips to upgrade to Windows10, to see if it works under Windows 7

Sincerely
              Christian
              Attached Files

Comment

Please let us know how that works out. It is flawless on Win7(64) for me.

Comment

My SSD that had Windows 10 on it got thrashed so it took a while to put it on a 2TB drive. I installed Media Player clean and it won't play a dvd or a folder from the HDD period. Plays BR both ways fine? I'm stumped? No error message, no crash it just goes back to "open file" and does nothing.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I too have Win 10 on a SSD, just tried a DVD from a folder and from disc and it played both without a problem.
                    Having said that I do remember a while ago not being able to play a DVD from a folder with it. I never really worried as I have other software that could do it.
                    It's never had a problem with BR at all.
                    I have no idea what has changed between then and now

Comment

I updated all my computers to Windows 10 Pro and it works fine, on DVDs and Blurays and files.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I zeroed the drive and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro x64 and it still won't play a DVD or folder period , I can boot to Windows 7 Pro x64 and it works a treat.

Albert Einstein

Comment

No problems here with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Comment

Who knows? I'm fine I keep a dual boot with Windows 7 and would never put all my eggs in the Windows 10 basket!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Well it's not Windows 10, I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on a clean SSD, updated it fully and installed the player first and it won't play DVDs either. The mystery continues.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X