Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Player 2 Audio Output Issue (Works In DVDFab 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player 2 Audio Output Issue (Works In DVDFab 1)

Hello

I've searched the forum and haven't been able to find an answer on this. I've got the full DVDFab Player (lifetime key), running v2, and an old install of v1 as well, on my HTPC. I recently switched to optical spdif for my audio output off a Realtek HD audio onboard soundcard. However, in DVDFab Player 2, my only option in the audio menu is analog. In MPC and other players, I'm passing AC3/DTS audio to my receiver via spdif with no issue, but DVDFab, the drop down only has the one option.

I decided to try DVDFab Player 1 (on the same title to be safe) just to compare and it actually shows me options for Analog and Optical in the audio settings output dropdown; I select optical and it passes through to my receiver no problem.

So given other players and dvdfab player 1 are working, I'm assuming it's dvdfab 2 not recognizing my optical out, and not giving me the option to manually select it. Is there any way to override this?

If anyone needs specs etc. let me know. I'd switch to dvdfab player 1 but it doesn't handle embedded subs on titles like Game of Thrones the way v2 does.

Just to test I tried an earlier version of DVDFab Player 2 this evening (still had the old install file) and same problem. v1 works on more (and I assume all) titles however.

Comment

Okay so I did a little looking around. In DVDfab player 1, you were able to manually change the audio output mode in guisettings.xml in the userdata directory (0= analog, 1= optical, 2=HDMI).

I can't seem to find the equivalent file for DVDfab player 2.

Also if it's still built off XBMC, new XBMC has settings levels - basic, standard, advanced, expert. Seems like certain output settings require advanced mode, but fabplayer doesn't have the equivalent tiers (may not have anything to do with it, just noticed this).

Comment

Player 1 of course is long gone and no longer supported, but I think you are wrong to assume it supports all or more titles than Player 2 (and certainly wrong to post things you assume and can't verify). One of the developers will look in on your thread when time permits concerning the audio question.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Player 1 of course is long gone and no longer supported, but I think you are wrong to assume it supports all or more titles than Player 2 (and certainly wrong to post things you assume and can't verify). One of the developers will look in on your thread when time permits concerning the audio question.
          Signals, I think you misunderstood what I said. I simply meant dvdfab 1 seems to be able to detect correct audio output for my rig (optical spdif) on all titles, but I said "assume" simply because I'd only tested a few. I just said that to hedge my bets, it didn't sound like a title issue anyway (and it's not).

I've tried a few more, various file types, and my assumption appears correct. The audio output mode in fab player 2 cannot be manually changed in settings, in fab player 1 it can, either from the settings menu or guisettings. Glad to hear it's being looked into. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flagg99 View Post
            However, in DVDFab Player 2, my only option in the audio menu is analog.
            I'm trying out the Media Player to see if I want the pro version. I too have optical out to my receiver. And like you, I can only set analog. Even though it is set to analog, the audio goes out the optical connector, but it is only stereo. VLC has no issue putting out AC3 5.1 to the receiver.

Comment

Any word on a fix for this?

Comment

Working...
              X