Blu-ray Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Playback

Is Passkey for Blu-ray supposed be required or recommended to do Blu-ray Playback of movies with the Media player? Reason being is both Spectre and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 don't seem to want to play other wise. With Passkey for Blu-ray turned off the player gets stuck at blank screen and becomes unresponsive. I am running windows 10 currently on my PC if that makes any difference also. I an running version 2.5.0.5 of the media player software. Which is the latest version I can find as of posting.

Also Honestly both Disc are from Netflix. I am just trying to watch the movies and have no desire to copy the content. I prefer to watch most of my movies at home on my PC instead of the TV. Which still does include playing Blu-rays in some cases.

I am currently using a trail of Passkey for Blu-ray but if supported/recommended to use this way I don't have a problem getting a lifetime license for the Passkey for Blu-ray software also. Meaning I do have a lifetime license for the media player already in this case just to clear.

I spoke too soon on Mockingjay - Part 2 working. The Cinavia watermark shows about 3 minutes in. And since when I tried the CinaviaRemoval HD remove worked in a preview it doesn't support dual monitors and only displays full screen on my primary monitor. Doing a copy even temporary is too gray of an area for me. Given that a good 95% of the Blu-ray discs I play on my PC are rentals I will probably not mess with additional software at this time. Which means hoping the media player eventually gets some of the copy/rip updates or consider other player software.

Comment

Player does not need Passkey for most discs. It does not respond to the Cinavia watermark, but the price for this is that it does require updates. If you have trouble with a disc, change Player to Simple (main movie) mode in Settings instead of Menu mode.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        If you have trouble with a disc, change Player to Simple (main movie) mode in Settings instead of Menu mode.
        This has already been done.

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Player does not need Passkey for most discs. It does not respond to the Cinavia watermark, but the price for this is that it does require updates.
        From what reading I have seen there is new BD+ changes/protections. Which is why passkey helped me watch Spectre due to passkey having the updates to handle those changes. I couldn't watch The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 using the same combination due to the Cinavia protection. Which since and a triple combo with CinaviaRemoval HD doesn't help with this without going grey areas. For that reason I have decided to not push my luck with using Passkey.

Which leads me to hoping for updates for the player like the ripping software is getting.

My last option being to consider other software that way I can continue to consume content. Since consuming content allows me to continue to get value from using Netflix as a disc rental service. Which since I have lifetime license for the player shouldn't effect anyone but myself.

Comment

Working...
        X