DVDFab Media Player v3.2.0.0 for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Media Player v3.2.0.0 for windows

I just updated to new v3.2.0.0. I have a 28 inch monitor. Gui interface is way to small to do any thing. Previous version was right on for viewing.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
    There is no fool like an old fool.

Hi docgoo, thanks for the feedback, checking it. Can you drag the lower right-hand corner to make it larger? It should remember the size. It opened almost fulll size for me, on a 19" 1920x1080 monitor.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry I should of been more specific. What I was trying to say the options on the top and the bottom of screen are super tiny. The drag function and full screen work perfect. I have a 24" monitor. Resolution is set at 3840 x 2160. Native Resolution. Thank You.

Comment

This is because DVDfab Media Player is not supporting 200% scaling on 3840 x 2160 resolution of Windows 10. UI elements are tiny on 4K screens because the entire UI is getting rendered at 100 % scaling and is not Hi-DPI aware.

It is ironic that a player touts 4K HDR mkv playback cannot render itself @ 4k.

It needs a lot of fixing before being buy-worthy. Also they need to get rid of 90's style horrible UI skin and use default Windows elements.

Comment

Well said d5aqoep . Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by d5aqoep View Post
            This is because DVDfab Media Player is not supporting 200% scaling
            Yes, the user interface is not usable on 4k.

It needs a lot of fixing before being buy-worthy.
            It does not even start on a fresh clean Windows 10 1709 installation. "Because MSVCR120.dll was not found."

Comment

It does not even start on a fresh clean Windows 10 1709 installation. "Because MSVCR120.dll was not found."
              With the alpha the Media Player at least starts.

Still micro interface on 4k though.

Comment

Originally posted by gorba8.9 View Post
                With the alpha the Media Player at least starts.

Still micro interface on 4k though.
                I installed the Visual Basic Runtime vcredist 2013 x86 and that fixed the MSVCR120.dll not found error. I was not getting any subtitles displayed not I could select the subtitles font. So someone suggested me to install a custom font and that's how subtitles showed up. Still I cannot get the size to reduce below 16 which is kinda stupid with ugly non-antialiased font rendering.

The whole UI is a joke which needs total overhaul and also needs 4K HiDPI support (4K @ 200% DPI scaling)

Right now I am using this to play few of my 4K Blu-rays in HDR mode on LG OLED C6 TV. But I have a doubt about sharpness of rendered video. It feels like upscaled 1080p and not 4K.

In a nutshell, this player needs to do a lot of things right to be even considered worth paying. Once free players like DAUM Pot Player, VLC, etc implement HDR mode for playback, it's game over for DVDFab Media Player. Things need to be done fast.

Comment

Working...
                X