No subtitles - DVDFab Media Player 3.2.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    Did you load them? Second option from the top? Might make a difference?
    They are being loaded automatically when the srt file matches the mkv file name

Mona,
    Thank you!
    It did not work for me

Comment

@ ElvisC,

When opened in Notepad does the .SRT file you have look like the .txt file I posted ?

The .MKV I added that file to as an .SRT worked correctly.
      However the best I can tell is DVDFab DVDRipper converted the .SRT file to a VobSub type subtitle during the conversion.
      I have an image but when I try to post it . It can barely be read.
      It shows how I added it to DVDRipper . If you believe it will help you I will post the image anyway.
      If not I won't post it.

Comment

Yes.
        I'm non native English speaker so srt files are kind of bread & butter to me...

I'm not using DVDFab DVDRipper, just mkv + corresponded srt file

Comment

In your post #9 I saw your example .
          Is the text in it a language ?
          I only speak English & that's why I'm asking.

It is possible that DVDFab Media Player can't use that language in subtitles.

I was able to add the .SRT subtitle I created to the .MKV I created with DVD Ripper.
          I was also able to add the .SRT subtitle just using DVDFab Media Player .
          I had the .srt in the same folder as the .MKV .

I don't know if this would be easier for you .
          Try to create a new .SRT from the .MKV using Subtitle Edit 3.5.2 .
          That is the software I used to create the .SRT I used.

Comment

Yes, these are Hebrew subtitles, but I also test English subtitles

Are you sure it is not showing the embedded subtitles inside the MKV rather than the external?
            You can go to https://subscene.com/ and get any srt from there (in any language) and see if it works for you
            It does not even have to be the same movie, it just for testing
            Make sure to rename the file to be the same as you mkv file

I will try to create srt using Subtitle Edit 3.5.2 and see if it works

Comment

Hi ElvisC ,
              I have the .mkv before & after I embedded this subtitle.
              When I use the "Load subtitle..." feature in DVDFab Media Player .
              The list shows the external.srt by name and it is the one selected.

I tried a .srt from the linked site. I wasn't able to find one that was for the TV episode in Hebrew .
              I looked and found a .srt for a different show in Hebrew.
              It displayed subtitles in Hebrew.
              Here is an image of DVDFab Media Player showing this: Click image for larger version  Name:	KOTH(2).png Views:	1 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	344659
              Last edited by cholla; 11-18-2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Added Image

Comment

If indeed this is Hebrew? It works. Click image for larger version

Name:	sub.png
Views:	119
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	344669
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

@ 90312 ,
                  The writing in your image looks more like what I thought Hebrew writing did.
                  If you check ElvisC's post #9 .
                  The .SRT sample posted . The writing looks the same as the .SRT I downloaded from the subtitle site ElvisC posted a link to in #20.
                  That is what the writing in the subtitle in the image I posted in #21 also looks like.
                  Since I don't read Hebrew I don't know .
                  Maybe ElvisC will enlighten us on the difference.

BTW I wish I could post an image at 130.5kB like yours.
                  Instead of 18.9kB like the one I posted in #21.
                  It can be read though so better than the ones I was posting before.
                  That the forum software was downsizing.
                  Last edited by cholla; 11-18-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I used the "Load Subtitles" and used them as downloaded, didn't match the MKV file name.

Albert Einstein

Comment

@ 90312 ,
                      I also used the downloaded subtitle that wasn't a match for the video but was supposed to be Hebrew.
                      I wonder if I don't have the correct font for Hebrew on my OS.
                      That may be why subtitle looks the way it does in the image I posted.
                      I'm going to look into it.

Comment

indeed it is Hebrew and presented correctly

So I just have to load manually the srt file? I believe I did try it, I will try again

Anything else I should check?
                        are you using Win 10?

Thank you all!

Comment

Hi ElvisC,
                          Do you know if I need to have a Hebrew font in my OS for the Hebrew to work correctly ?
                          I take it that the subtitle in the image I posted doesn't look like Hebrew.
                          The image "letters" look the same inside the .srt file I downloaded.

Comment

You just need to set the charset to something like windows 1255 and it should be fine

Comment

ElvisC, yeah I'm running Windows 10 whatever the latest revision is now. I don't know that loading the subs will solve your issue, I had to because of the different file names.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ElvisC View Post
                                You just need to set the charset to something like windows 1255 and it should be fine
                                I gave that a try but still the Hebrew subtitles are "gibberish" .
                                The only way I have been able to open the .SRT file in Hebrew is with Notepad++ but it doesn't "Save as" to .SRT.
                                I also tried the Font file Mona linked but it didn't fix it either.

Comment

Working...
                                X