X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request media player 3200

can not get media player 3200 to install
    I get an error message (attached)
    installed on windows 10 (OS information attached)
    why do I get this error message and how can it be fixed
    program will not even run, keeps giving me this message every time I try to run the program
    Attached Files

Your screenshots are too small to read.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Please use the insert image button in the advanced editor when you need to attach an image to help explain something. If you attach a bmp or very high quality jpg, the forum software will shrink it to stay within the size limits. There will be an illustrated guide for this available later today that will be linked in my sig. Generally, it is better to use the default jpg setting in Paint or a Paint png file and crop the image to the minimum area needed (i.e. just the message box in your post above). before saving and uploading.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Please use the insert image button in the advanced editor when you need to attach an image to help explain something. If you attach a bmp or very high quality jpg, the forum software will shrink it to stay within the size limits. There will be an illustrated guide for this available later today that will be linked in my sig. Generally, it is better to use the default jpg setting in Paint or a Paint png file and crop the image to the minimum area needed (i.e. just the message box in your post above). before saving and uploading.
        I look forward to reading this guide.
        I have and can use Paint as well as other image software to resize to the correct size to post.
        Ever since the change to the new forum format any image I've posted is poor quality when viewed.
        This is when the image looks good on my computer in the folder I have it in.
        The posted image looks poor quality & can be hard to read .
        So I almost never post an image any more.

These are the stats on my posted image:
        Image properties
        Image type JPEG (image/jpeg)
        Dimension Size 373 x 309 px
        Screen Size 323 x 268 px
        File size 16.2 kB (16,182 bytes)

No wonder at 16kB the quality is poor.
        The size is probably what I tried to post but I would never have a 16kB image.
        I no longer have this image on my computer to check the stats but I know it wasn't that file size.
        The forum software resized the file size when I posted or attached it.

The OPs image only shows 7.5kB .
        Last edited by cholla; 11-11-2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

You can resize in the forum post. Click the clipboard, load the image then select the size. Attachment: Click image for larger version

Name:	insert.png
Views:	167
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	344361

Albert Einstein

Comment

The key point is to have the image at or below the dimensional size limit before uploading. The jpg or png types are best, jpeg has unpredictable results for some reason. I suspect the OPs image here was 1920x1080 when uploaded. I will have the guide later and will link it here also.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did a right click "Save image as" on the image you posted.
              I saved it to a folder on my computer where is shows to be 104kB.
              I then used the Clipboard icon ,selected Large size.
              This is the result:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	344364
              @ 90312,
              Obviously not the same result.
              I followed your instructions exactly.
              The image in this post shows to be 12.3kB.
              Last edited by cholla; 11-11-2017, 07:30 PM.

Comment

cholla, take a screenshot and save it as a PNG in paint and try it with that one.

Albert Einstein

Comment

@ 90312,
                  I used the 1387 x 780 you used in your screenshot for the resize in Paint.
                  The forum automatically resized it to 437 x 246.
                  You can see the text is very poor quality & the size is 18.2kB.
                  Not the 105.8kB the image in your post is.
                  So the forum software is definitely doing this to the image as its uploaded.
                  If there are other instructions I will be happy to follow them. Click image for larger version  Name:	forum.png Views:	1 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	344370
                  Last edited by cholla; 11-11-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Maybe it's a moderator function?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      Maybe it's a moderator function?
                      It could be .
                      I have no way of knowing if it is.
                      I had a few that I tried to post right after the new version of the forum was installed.
                      At that time edit was unlimited so I was able to remove all of those.
                      Which were as bad as the two in this thread.
                      Right now I have a total of three images posted in the forum.
                      IIRC I also tried a post with FireFox when the new version was installed.
                      It wasn't any better so I don't believe it is a browser problem.

Comment

We kind of hijacked this thread .
                        Maybe the posts about posting images should be located elsewhere on the forum.

The image I posted in #9 is a .PNG on my computer but when posted was changed by the forum software to a JPEG.
                        That is what Classic Images my browsers image details software reports.
                        On my computer the .PNG is 342kB.
                        In the forum post it is a JPEG 18.2kB size.
                        So it didn't post as a resized .PNG .

I had deleted the screenshot images from yesterday so I created new ones with the same sizes.
                        I posted them on the videohelp forum in their Test subsection.
                        In the post they are smaller but one click on one gives a larger image.
                        A click on that image shows the image full size.
                        Clear and readable.
                        This is a link;take a look.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...st#post2501629
                        Last edited by cholla; 11-12-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Just trying to help egghead get a picture big enough to read. I'll try to attach a pic:

Albert Einstein

Comment

@ 90312

I can read the one you just posted in #13 .
                            I do have to click it but once that's done I can read it fine.

It doesn't go the the fetch web page .
                            It just opens in a pop up with a X to close it.

The image egghead originally posted goes to the fetch web page when clicked.

The images you & I posted yesterday don't do anything when clicked.
                            ​​​​​​​I don't know what needs to be done but the new forum format for posting images still needs some work done to it.

BTW did you look at the images I posted on videohelp ?

Comment

Give me a link to what you want me to look over cholla.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X