Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color difference between DVDFab Media Player and Windows 10 Movies & TV app

Hi,

Below are the two screenshots I took during playback for each player. As you can see, the picture is kinda greenish in DVDFab while it looks more natural in Movies & TV app.

Movies & TV app: https://imgur.com/a/FAEnw

DVDFab: https://imgur.com/a/tkhcg

Also, I got the same color as DVDFab in other media players like MPC-HC or Windows Media Player. However, I got the same color as Movies & TV app in Netflix app.

What can explain this? Which media player outputs the correct color? Also, I cannot replicate the color from Movies & TV app in DVDFab (maybe because of the limitation in color adjustment settings)
    Last edited by vmd12; 12-29-2017, 09:53 AM.

This of course can vary with your monitor, PC and GPU settings. I compared the v5.0.0.2 images with those from PowerDVD 17 and found that on my PC, the Gamma was too high and the contrast too low from Fab Player 5, but it can easily be customized from the playback context menu shown below and is essentially a one-time adjustment.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 V5COLOR.png Views:	1 Size:	307.0 KB ID:	346797

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This of course can vary with your monitor, PC and GPU settings. I compared the v5.0.0.2 images with those from PowerDVD 17 and found that on my PC, the Gamma was too high and the contrast too low from Fab Player 5, but it can easily be customized from the playback context menu shown below and is essentially a one-time adjustment.
      Click image for larger version Name:	1-011 V5COLOR.png Views:	1 Size:	307.0 KB ID:	346797
      Hi.

As mentioned, I cannot replicate the color from Movies & TV app in DVDFab using just the Color Adjust. Also, the Saturation slider somehow doesn't work at all.

Strangely enough, this only happens when I connect my PC to TV. When using monitor, all media players output the same greenish image. So this could be the problem with different display devices like you said.

Comment

Working...
      X