Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Player 5.0.0.4 HDR, External subtitles issue and TV-mode Intel NUC 7i7BNH

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player 5.0.0.4 HDR, External subtitles issue and TV-mode Intel NUC 7i7BNH

Hello!

First of all, great player! All films ive tested started and worked. (4k UHD ISO, 4k MKV, 1080 MKV)

But i got some minor issues listed below:
    1: When playing 4k ISO and load external subtitles, it will not show. It shows "loaded" in the information but it wont show up. External subtitles works with 4k MKV and 1080 MKV.

2: When "testing the system" in DCDFab and HDR disabled in Win10 it will say "HDR: NO", when i manually activate HDR in Win10 DVDFab says "HDR: Intel". Will i have to manually activate HDR in Win10 every time i watch 4k HDR material? PowerDVD does this automaticly.

3: When in "TV-mode" and trying to browse folders, i wont get the last row of files visible, also when starting film, it will be "off center", meaning "all the black" wich should be on top and on bottom of the film is on top.

Im usin a Intel Nuc 7i7BNH with Kaby Lake.

Best Regards

Originally posted by moonmoon View Post
    First of all, great player! All films ive tested started and worked. (4k UHD ISO, 4k MKV, 1080 MKV)

But i got some minor issues listed below:
    1: When playing 4k ISO and load external subtitles, it will not show. It shows "loaded" in the information but it wont show up. External subtitles works with 4k MKV and 1080 MKV.
    --UPDATE: we will add support for external subtitles in the near future, please kindly wait.

2: When "testing the system" in DCDFab and HDR disabled in Win10 it will say "HDR: NO", when i manually activate HDR in Win10 DVDFab says "HDR: Intel". Will i have to manually activate HDR in Win10 every time i watch 4k HDR material? PowerDVD does this automaticly.
    --Just to confirm, did you Enable HDR in Settings window?

3: When in "TV-mode" and trying to browse folders, i wont get the last row of files visible, also when starting film, it will be "off center", meaning "all the black" wich should be on top and on bottom of the film is on top.

Im usin a Intel Nuc 7i7BNH with Kaby Lake.

Best Regards
    --Are you running Player 5 on laptop or PC?

DVD movie folder or BD folder? Created by DVDFab? Please take a photo that playback and send it to us.

Also, what is the displaying device and its resolution? Projector or TV?

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      --UPDATE: we will add support for external subtitles in the near future, please kindly wait.
      Great!

--Just to confirm, did you Enable HDR in Settings window?
      HDR setting is set to AUTO in DVDFAB. HDR will works if i enable HDR in Windows 10 manually.( But this is not the way it should be, right?)

--Are you running Player 5 on laptop or PC?
      As stated in first post, Im using a Intel Nuc 7i7BNH with Kaby Lake. (HTPC)

DVD movie folder or BD folder? Created by DVDFab? Please take a photo that playback and send it to us.
      BD Folder. Created with DVDFab. I will take a photo tonight after work.

Also, what is the displaying device and its resolution? Projector or TV?
      Optomoa UHD60 Projector with resolution 3840x2160

Best Regards

Comment

Issue in TV-mode was an setting in our end.

Another question, is it possible to launch DVDFab as external player through kodi? I tried but it didnt launh the ISO, maybe someting wrong in my code..
        Attached Files

Comment

Another question, is it possible to launch DVDFab as external player through kodi? I tried but it didnt launh the ISO, maybe someting wrong in my code..
          This is not supported.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

This is not supported.

Regards,
            mona
            Are you planning to support it?
            i think quite a lot user would appriciate that.

Best Regards

Comment

Are you planning to support it?
              i think quite a lot user would appriciate that.

Best Regards
              We currently do not have plan to support "launch DVDFab as external player through kodi".

Regards,
              mona

Comment

Sorry for my bad English!

I have the same Problem with HDR under Win10. In Version 5.0.0.1 its all OK, from 5.0.0.2 and above HDR is not working automaticaly, only when i Change HDR in Win10.

Regards Uweilix

Comment

Originally posted by Uwelix View Post
                  Sorry for my bad English!

I have the same Problem with HDR under Win10. In Version 5.0.0.1 its all OK, from 5.0.0.2 and above HDR is not working automaticaly, only when i Change HDR in Win10.

Regards Uweilix
                  Hopefully they will get it working soon to output correct metadata so the "hdr" will be enabled as it should. What system are you using?

Comment

Hello All,

A new version of DVDFab Player5 will be released soon, please kindly wait and have a try. Thank you.

The new version will fix the problem that HDR doesn't work on Windows 10 system (v1607~ v1703)

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Problem is not solved in version 5.0.0.5. I am running windows 10 v1709.
                      I have to manually activate hdr under dispaly settings in windows 10 to get dvdfab recocnize my system as hdr capable.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

When activated in windows 10 manually, the player will show "hdr". When not, it will to hdr-sdr.

Powerdvd have the HDR activated automaticly in full screen exclusive mode, i cant se such a setting?
                      Last edited by moonmoon; 01-19-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hello moonmoon,

i use Win 10 Pro 64 1709 with nvidia GT 1050. I have the same Problem as you, is it not solved.
                        I hav said, with 5.0.0.1 its all OK!

Regards Uwelix

Comment

@moonmoon & @Uwelix,

I will pass this to our developer and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,
                          mona

Comment

Hi Mona

With NEW Version: DVDFab Media Player Ultra v5.0.0.5 i solved the problem with senses HDR signal on Windows 10 system v1607 but there is another problem with TV Playback Mode it does not cover the full aspect ratio 2.35 it looks 1/3% off from the top of the screen hope you guys solve the problem i am very proud of DVDFab team well done work ..thanks again

Comment

All,
                              You are hijacking a thread started by user moonmoon. In the future, if you have a different problem, please start your own thread, they are free.

A new version of Fab Player will be out soon, please watch for it and try it.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X