No DTS-HD High Resolution audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No DTS-HD High Resolution audio

I just noticed that I can't output DTS-HD High Resolution audio tracks with DVDFab Player 5 Ultra.

Which is kind of weird: every other audio format works, all the Dolbies, DTS-HD Master Audio, and DTS:X.

Hello,

What is your receiver? How do you connect it to PC, via HDMI or Optical?

Please go to Settings>Audio, please be sure to set audio passthrough and tick all the sub-options to try again.

If still have problem, please post Player 5 log files and a screenshot of the audio settings window.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona
      What is your receiver?
      It's a Denon X3200W, a 2015 model. But the DTS version updated about a month ago. Since then DTS-HDHR, and only DTS-HDHR, does not work anymore.

How do you connect it to PC, via HDMI or Optical?
      HDMI of course, DTS-HDMA / DTS-HDHR is not possible via Optical.

Please go to Settings>Audio, please be sure to set audio passthrough and tick all the sub-options to try again.
      Passthrough options are set.

If still have problem, please post Player 5 log files and a screenshot of the audio settings window.
      I won't show my private logs in public, can I mail them to you?

Here is the screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PT.png
Views:	400
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	351962

Comment

Sent you the private logs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gorba8.9 View Post
          Sent you the private logs anyway.
          Got the file, I have sent them to the developers.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

A little reminder: there is still no DTS-HD HR audio with Fab Player 5.0.1.2.

Latest example is the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Blu-ray 3D, where the English audio track is DTS-HD HR 7.1.

Just in case you are not aware of the problem, this affects AV receivers with the newer DTS version.

Comment

The same Problem i also have, i cant see film with optical output.
              You don't have the same problem, you do not even have a HD capable receiver and/or connection.

Comment

The Same! Pioneer SC-L-X901 with 11.1 Dolby Atmos, connection with HDMI on my HTPC with GTX1050 (newest nvidia driver, newest Win10 updates). AC3 Movies no Problem. DTS-HD, DTSX, Dolby Atmos Movies the the picture is stuttering and no Audio. In the moment is 5.0.1.2 doesn't start. I must use 5.0.1.0Beta to watch movies. I must deactivate Passtrough to watch in stereo.

Comment

5.0.1.3 problem is still the same DTS-HD, Atmos ond other Soundformats not working

Comment

Originally posted by errorflash View Post
                    5.0.1.3 problem is still the same DTS-HD, Atmos ond other Soundformats not working
                    Please post log file of player 5. If possible, please send us a short video as example for checking this sound issue. Thank you.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Originally posted by errorflash View Post
                      The Same! Pioneer SC-L-X901 with 11.1 Dolby Atmos, connection with HDMI on my HTPC with GTX1050 (newest nvidia driver, newest Win10 updates). AC3 Movies no Problem. DTS-HD, DTSX, Dolby Atmos Movies the the picture is stuttering and no Audio.
                      You do not have the same problem. DTS-HDMA, DTS:X (based on DTS-HDMA), Dolby-TrueHD, DD+, and Dolby Atmos (based on Dolby-TrueHD, or DD+), they are working.

This topic is about that only DTS-HD High Resolution is not working. Because of the newer DTS version in new or firmware upgraded AV receivers.

Comment

I have dual monitor setup one 4k samsung and the other epson projector with player 5 i get no sound on the epson i am using hdmi and it works perfectly on the old player 3

Comment

Originally posted by jmr View Post
                          I have dual monitor setup one 4k samsung and the other epson projector with player 5 i get no sound on the epson i am using hdmi and it works perfectly on the old player 3
                          Please wait for next build of Player 5 and try again. If still have problem, please start a new thread, and feedback with log file.

Thanks.

Mona

Comment

Mona, back to the topic:

You wrote a PM that you could not reproduce the problem with the source you have.

You can use _any_ DTS-HD High-Resolution audio track for testing, if you can reproduce the problem depends on the DTS version of your AV-receiver.

There is a new DTS version around, on new AV-receivers, or some older receivers which have received a DTS-version update.

So I have no problems with DTS-HD HR on my old Denon, and did not have a problem with my newer Denon... before the firmware (DTS) update that is

Your developers can read more about it:

Here:

Hello, I can't bitstream DTS-HD HRA. My reveiver (Onkyo RZ900) display only DTS but no sound. I have tested many things, change all options in Lav Filters, but no luck I am forced to uncheck each t...

or here:

or here from the Kodi-guys:

The fix doesn't seem THAT complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by gorba8.9
                              Don't know why the third link is not completely shown and does not work in your forum. It works in your message chat.

Anyway, here it is again, just remove the empty space behind "php?" and before "tid":
                              https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php? tid=332413&pid=2739929

Comment

Working...
                              X