Stuttering with 4k h.265

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttering with 4k h.265

Cannot get h.265 video to play smoothly. I am getting a message that says "your device does not support hardware decoding for h.265 videos ....." My hardware is definetly capable and under "analyze hardware" it shows hardware acceleration - Yes , and h.265 - Yes. Can't understand why it is not working correctly with my Nvidia gtx 960 which should be more than capable.

Originally posted by acemt View Post
    Cannot get h.265 video to play smoothly. I am getting a message that says "your device does not support hardware decoding for h.265 videos ....." My hardware is definetly capable and under "analyze hardware" it shows hardware acceleration - Yes , and h.265 - Yes. Can't understand why it is not working correctly with my Nvidia gtx 960 which should be more than capable.
    Hi acemt,

1.Please use MediaInfo (a free tool) to analyze the source file you want to playback and post the analyzing result.

2.Please use the Analyze Hardware feature in Player 5 to analyze your PC and post the result.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Player-Analyze Hardware.png
Views:	286
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	358663

Comment

I will do that, but probably found the answer. Looks like DVDFab does NOT provide harware acceleration for HEVC files, only h.264. When I play this file with MPC-Be with lav filters, it plays silky smooth as it is playing with hardware acceleration, not software as is DVDFab 5. Is this the case Mona?

Comment

DVDFab Player 5 supports to playback H.265 (HEVC) using GPU as long as the graphics card is supported. Regarding the problem you reported, please provide more info. Thanks.

Comment

Here is the media info file.
          Attached Files

Comment

And the analyze hardware info. Not sure why this is reverting to software acceleration.
            Attached Files

Comment

And the analyze hardware info. Not sure why this is reverting to software acceleration.
              This image is too small to see clearly. Please try again.

Name:	add attachment 1.png
Views:	273
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	358804

Name:	add attachment 2.png
Views:	270
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	358805

Comment

Trying again, sorry. Link was bad on how to do this. Thanks for posting info Mona

Comment

Name:	IMG_2051.jpeg
Views:	302
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	358845try2

Comment

So Mona, please comment on why this is happening when my system says it supports it.

Comment

So Mona, please comment on why this is happening when my system says it supports it.
                      Your driver version of GTX 960 is 24.21.13.9882, ours is 24.21.13.9907, we can playback h265 videos without problem, so could you please update the driver to try again?

If still have problem, please attach the player log folder too. Thank you.

Comment

Upgraded drivers, still gives same warning (your device does not support hardware decoding of H.265 videos! Yes it does! Like Is said earlier, this works silky smooth with MPC-BE. I had hoped that DVDfab would be my player for all media, but it seems it is not quite there yet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi acemt,

Please zip the whole Player 5 log folder and attach it here. Thanks.

Regards,
                          Mona

Comment

Here you go Mona....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here you go Mona....
                              The developers check the available files:
                              The source is a hevc 422_10bit file.
                              hevc hardware decoding only supports yuv420p and yuv420p10, others are not supported.

In this case, please send us the source in problem, or please try a hevc 420 10bit file and see if the decoding can be activated or not. Thanks.

Regards,
                              Mona

Comment

Working...
                              X