Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color banding - pc to oled c8

Hi,
    I'm connecting my pc to the oled c8 via hdmi. I notice significant color banding in certain scenes while watching 4k hdr movies. These banding do not exist when I play the movie via usb using the internal media player of the tv or even the free vlc 3.0. Any idea?

Banding on LG OLEDs
    The banding a lot of people are seeing on the LG OLEDs is apparently a bug in the image processing. If your UHD player has the relevant setting it can easily be fixed. Do not use YCbCr 4:2:0 or 4:2:2. Use 4:4:4. I was seeing a lot of banding in the otherwise reference disc, The Revenant. When I switched from 4:2:2 output on the UHD player to 4:4:4 all of the banding instantly went away.
    More on this here https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...banding-3.html

Comment

Experiment with the Video settings in Player as shown below,particularly the output color range. Also try the Analyze Hardware button to see what it finds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011PLAYERCOLOR.png Views:	1 Size:	23.2 KB ID:	361773

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Experiment with the Video settings in Player as shown below,particularly the output color range. Also try the Analyze Hardware button to see what it finds.

Click image for larger version Name:	1-011PLAYERCOLOR.png Views:	1 Size:	23.2 KB ID:	361773
        The banding is still there after I try both output color ranges

Comment

Originally posted by vmd12 View Post

The banding is still there after I try both output color ranges
          Please zip the whole DVDFab Player 5 log folder and post it here.
          Also, please list some of the 4K HDR movies you tried and have this problem. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please zip the whole DVDFab Player 5 log folder and post it here.
            Also, please list some of the 4K HDR movies you tried and have this problem. Thanks.
            Sorry for the late reply. Here is the log file: Log.rar

You can easily notice it during the netflix opening with the red Netflix logo popping up on the white background (mine is Luke Cage S02). The color banding can be seen at the corners of the screen. Actually I see this issue on vlc and win 10 movies & tv app as well, but on dvdfab it's the most severe. My tv is lg c8 oled; the tv is connected to it via hdmi. One more thing: playing the file via usb using the tv built-in video player showing no banding.

Other movies that I have noticed the banding include Transformers The Last Knight and Assassin's Creed. The banding can be seen on the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by vmd12 View Post

Sorry for the late reply. Here is the log file: [ATTACH]n363719[/ATTACH]

You can easily notice it during the netflix opening with the red Netflix logo popping up on the white background (mine is Luke Cage S02). The color banding can be seen at the corners of the screen. Actually I see this issue on vlc and win 10 movies & tv app as well, but on dvdfab it's the most severe. My tv is lg c8 oled; the tv is connected to it via hdmi. One more thing: playing the file via usb using the tv built-in video player showing no banding.

Other movies that I have noticed the banding include Transformers The Last Knight and Assassin's Creed. The banding can be seen on the sky.
              Thank you for the update, we will check and get back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X