Audio Offset needs some enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Audio Offset needs some enhancement

Right now FabPlayer only allows you to offset the audio by plus or minus 10 seconds and only in 1 sec intervals. This is not always sufficient to sync the audio and video.

The mkv I just created was out of sync by 23.245 seconds. I went to FabPlayer first to get the right number I needed to sync it up and quickly discovered I was limited to 10 seconds, which wasn't nearly enough, and only 1 second intervals, which also didn't sync it up perfectly. I had to go to another player to get the number I needed.

This would be a feature that would make FabPlayer that much better.

Originally posted by Diaboyos
    The mkv I just created was out of sync by 23.245 seconds.
    Audio out of sync by 23 seconds?? LOL! What did you do?

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. I got no email telling me I had a reply.

I didn't do anything lol. I used Fab to create an mkv and it was 23.245 seconds oos. Not sure what happened to get that far oos but once I used another media player to get the number I needed to sync it back up I got it working OK.

Edit: Wait, did you mean what did I do to mess it up or what did I do to fix it?
      Last edited by Diaboyos; 04-04-2019, 12:21 AM.

Comment

In my opinion it is the wrong approach to ask for Fab Player to play defective video sources.

You should fix the video source instead.

Comment

Fixing the video source is what I was trying to do but I could only do that by knowing how much it was out of sync and I could only get that info from a media player with the capability to sync it back up.

Comment

In my opinion it is the wrong approach to ask for Fab Player to play defective video sources.

I don't know what a "mkv" is, never used one, but the problem is not Fab Player not playing video sources with a 23 seconds (!) audio lag in sync.

The real problem is your process to create that kind of weird videos. Fix that.

Comment

I think Diaboyos was just using Player as a tool to find the A/V offset. I agree a problem like that should be reported in the Ripper forum and corrected (unless it is related to the source material).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X