DVDFab Player 5.0.2.8 Problems with UHD Black Hawk Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Player 5.0.2.8 Problems with UHD Black Hawk Down

First, I'd like to point out that I'm using the trial version of DVDFab. Because of the limitations imposed by it I haven't been able to make that much content to try with the DVDFab Player. In other words, I've only been able to experience issues with this one movie. That's not to say it wouldn't happen with other movies though. I simply only have enough trial runs in to test with one movie. So without further ado here are my findings thus far:

DVDFab Player has a playback problem at 14:36 on UHD Black Hawk Down Extended Version. This happens reading from original disc, or ISO. I have not continued to watch past this point so their may be more issues later on.

DVDFab Player shows a 3rd audio track in the UHD Black Hawk Down MKV (possibly M2TS or MP4 as well) despite there only being 2 selected when the MKV passthrough was made. Other players do not show this 3rd track.

I’d also like to point out that during the 1 day I’ve had with the DVDFab Player so far, it has crashed once for an unknown reason that I haven't been able to pinpoint yet. When it did, it displayed an unexpected error prompt that allowed me to send an error report to you. I never did fill out the form that came up with it. But I did send it in. Hopefully it can help you as well.

That's all I've been able to find so far. At this point my DVDFab Player is basically useless as I have no to very little runs left in the DVDFab trial to continue testing. I've zipped the log files for you and attached them here as well. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Attached Files

You said in your other thread that you have other tools, why can't you make some content with them to use in trialing player? The problem I suspect is related to the particular disc, which may need attention from the Developer team.

If you have problems attaching images, as you mentioned in your other thread, follow these tips:https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You said in your other thread that you have other tools, why can't you make some content with them to use in trialing player? The problem I suspect is related to the particular disc, which may need attention from the Developer team.

If you have problems attaching images, as you mentioned in your other thread, follow these tips:https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts
      Hi signals,

Thanks for getting back to me. The only other decryption tool I have now is MakeMKV. It does not create ISO backups. The only software I have that does is DVDFab which is a trial, one that I've almost used up purely for troubleshooting it's problems, not for actual use or enjoyment. So I don't have the ability to create any other decrypted ISO's to test with DVDFab Player at the moment.

I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew in the original post that only reason I'm singling out Black Hawk Down is not because it's the only ISO to have a problem with DVDFab Player. But because it's the only one I've tested with it. I figured from a troubleshooting perspective it would be important to note that. In case whatever is preventing the Black Hawk Down ISO from working correctly may be the same root cause for others, if any.

Thank you for the heads up on the image attachments. I'm assuming the reason my earlier replies aren't showing up is because you felt they weren't important to link together. I'm also not sure why my other thread disappeared, but it's back now so that's fine.

Comment

Working...
      X