Dolby Atmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolby Atmos

I have i few questions about the player and atmos in general.

I use the LG oled C8 with a Yamaha rx 2080 reciever. I connect my pc to the reciever and play mts2 files with dvdfab.

In windows i have dolby atmos active. If i play atmos material the reciever is showing all my active speakers. 5.1.4.

Because i play the content from my pc the display of my receiver never displays witch soundtype is active. So i am quesing because the height speakers are active i am making use of atmos. Still i am not sure.

is there a certain testfile for atmos witch will play a certain sound on every speaker "only if dolby atmos is realy active". I have test files for atmos. I want to make sure atmos is realy active.

- is it also possible i am using dolby true hd or dolby digital plus without knowing and these formats also provide sound over the height speakers? ( i always use straight mode on the reciever).

- why does the dvdfab player 5 not providing the option for 7.1.4 or 5.1.4? i can only select 7.1 or 5.1.

A few questions:
    What version of Player are you using?
    What is the interface between the PC and the Yamaha receiver? HDMI?
    Is Fab Player set for Passthrough?
    Are the speakers connected to the receiver?

There are various ATMOS and DTS:X test discs available on ebay, but some of them are not genuine, so purchase carefully.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The Dolby Atmos via the DVD Fab Media Player works fine on my Samsung Soundbar. It displays Atmos when the Player is set to Passthrough, tho you have to configure the HDMI out as Atmos first on Windows 10 via the W10 Sound Settings. Sadly W10 doesn't save the Atmos configuration so you have to witch from 7.1. For Atmos experience you need a UHD Player otherwise you it will be difficult to find a Atmos content. Tho there are several Test Videos on the official dolby site in Mp4 format.

Comment

I found a good video on a test dics and all speakers give sound when running the atmos test.

All above mentioned is also working so it must be atmos.

Comment

Working...
        X