Playback Issues - Stranger Things Season 1 Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Issues - Stranger Things Season 1 Blu-Ray

I'm not sure if this is a player issue but it seems like it might be (otherwise, could be an issue with copying). I have the Stranger Things Season 1 boxset (blu ray and DVD, was released as a collectable, yes it's a Netflix show normally). Copied the full discs (BDMV folders) to my HD. When playing back with DVD Fab Player, two things occur:

The menu screen says Disc 2, even though it's disc 1. It definitely is Disc 1, because if I play the m2ts directly with Fab Player 6, the episodes are correct. Disc 2 also shows that it's Disc 2. I'm wondering if the menu/text for both discs is stored on the disc, and the wrong one is being accessed somehow.

Second, no matter what episode I try to play, it tells me to insert the disc. Same with disc 2. The episodes are there, but playing them via the blu ray menus just results in "Please Insert Disc"

Try using Clone/Burn to make an iso of the disc 1 that Player reports as disc 2. See if playing the iso has the same result. Which version of Player are you using? Could be bad metadata in the database. Please attach the Player log for the folder copy playback.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log file attached. I updated to the latest build of Fab Player 6 today to be safe. Same issue. The log attached is just for disc 1 (which says it's disc 2 and doesn't play). I can send one for the other disc also if necessary.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JimFix99 View Post
        Log file attached. I updated to the latest build of Fab Player 6 today to be safe. Same issue. The log attached is just for disc 1 (which says it's disc 2 and doesn't play). I can send one for the other disc also if necessary.
        Please zip the whole Player log folder and send it to us, thanks.

Comment

Attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Copied the full discs (BDMV folders) to my HD
            The playback issue is rather weird. Please attach the dvdfab_internal log session from DVDFab 11 log folder for the movie.

Also, did you try what Signals said on #2?

Comment

Sorry I've been away. I will try to send those logs this week.

Also it looks like I'm not the first to report this:

Version: 3.2.0.1 Stranger Things is two Blu-ray discs, when I put in either disc, the graphic on the menu says it's disc 2 (regardless of which it is). To

It seems he tried the ISO option but still had the same issue.

Comment

The menu screen says Disc 2, even though it's disc 1.
                Hi Jim, please use the latest DVDFab 11.0.9.4 to load the Stranger Things Season 1 Blu-Ray disc one again. There is an option "Search Movie/TV", please check and make sure that the meta info for the disc 1 is shown correctly, otherwise correct it before you make the copy.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	meta info.png
Views:	505
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	383218

And then you can playback the output file again to see the result.

Second, no matter what episode I try to play, it tells me to insert the disc. Same with disc 2. The episodes are there, but playing them via the blu ray menus just results in "Please Insert Disc"
                About this problem, please open the original movie disc in Windows Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. Please check PM for FTP info. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I should be able to do this tomorrow, will PM you then!

Comment

Okay, the Disc 1 contents minus /Stream have been uploaded to the FTP.

I did some more testing which may help, see below. It appears the original BDMV folder copy (made with DVDFab) does work, but not in Fab Player. Also, the original disc does not work in Fab player either.

DVD Fab Player 6: Original Disc 1 - Same issue as playing from BDMV folder. Loads FBI warning, Netflix logo, goes to BLU RAY menu, says DISC 2 instead of DISC 1. No matter what episode is selected, it says INSERT DISC 1

PowerDVD 20: Original Disc 1 - Loads FBI warning, Netflix logo THEN a pair of trailers, for Stranger Things 2 and Marvel's Defenders. These are not skippable. Option to go to top menu is greyed out. When trailers finish, BLU RAY menu loads, says DISC 1. Disc plays fine.

Now here's where it gets fun.

DVD Fab Player 6: BDMV 50 Copy Disc 1 - Loads FBI warning, Netflix logo, goes to Blu Ray Menu, Says DISC 2 instead of DISC 1, as with the original.

PowerDVD 20: BDMV 50 Copy Disc 1 - Loads FBI warning, Netflix logo THEN the trailers again, only they are now skippable. When trailers finish, BLU RAY menu loads, says Disc 1, disc plays fine.

So, it would appear the original rip is fine, and this has something to do with DVD Fab skipping the forced content (trailers) Netflix so wisely included. As an aside, this is a stupid decision by Netflix since the trailer for season two spoils season one!

I'm guessing menu structure for both discs is included and after bypassing the trailers, Fab is landing on the Disc 2 menu scheme instead of Disc 1. But those trailers are still there in the copy, and the BDMV copy does work in Power DVD.

If you would still like me to try a new rip with the latest DVDFab Blu Ray copy I can, but it seems like it may not be necessary.

Comment

FYI this still happens in 6.1.0.3

Comment

Hello Jim, it is not a Java issue. We need a copy source to help check it out. Please upload the copy to our FTP, thanks.

Comment

Issue still persists in 6.1.0.4

Comment

Working...
                          X