Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Library Data Language.

I found this in the FAQ:
    Q: Which languages does the metadata feature support?
    A: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese are supported for the metadata feature. The default language is determined by the display language of your Player 6.
    I am using DVDFab Media Player with Russian UI, on Windows 10 with Russian UI.
    But, unfortunately, in the local library (in DVDFab Media Player) I get titles, overviews and posters for Movies and TVShows in English. I assume (sure) that the data is loaded from TMDB. But TMDB contains titles, overviews and posters in many languages, including Russian. I myself have created about 800 Russian entries in TMDB. I use Jellyfin Media Server (fork of EMBY), it also loads data from TMDB, but has a choice of data language. For my collection of video (~10TB), the proportion of Russian in Jellyfin is 95-98%. The remaining data is loaded in English.

Is there any reason to limit metadata to 7 languages?

Not that I am aware of but I will ask the Beijing staff when the office reopens Monday. Subscribe to your thread to be notified of a reply.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Added after 11 months:
      Code:
      %PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\DVDFab Player 6\system\settings\settings.xml
      This file lists scrapers. These are open source third party components. They are easy to find on the Internet, and see how many languages they support:

metadata.themoviedb.org for movies (supports 40 languages)
      metadata.tvdb.com for TV shows (supports 26 languages)

And further:
      Code:
      %HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab Player 6\Temp\mediaServer\DMS\.server\profile\appsettings.xml
      If I change <globallibrarylanguage>: "en" >>> "ru", and recreate the library, then I get titles, descriptions, posters and genres for movies and TV shows in Russian.

Attached Files
      Last edited by nbb1967; 04-08-2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

May 18, 2021 (40 days after my previous post) version 6.1.0.9 released
        Code:
        DVDFab Player 6.1.0.9 Changelog
        New: Added the support to show Metadata information of the media library in more languages.
        What has actually been done?
        1. Two new metadata languages ​​(Korean and Portuguese) have been added to the seven supported metadata languages ​​(English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese). Now the program supports 9 languages ​​for metadata downloaded from TMDB.
        2. The developers have blocked the ability to get metadata in any other language (supported by TMDB) by modifying <globallibrarylanguage>. The latest version where you can modify <globallibrarylanguage> is 6.1.0.8
        3. A drop-down list has been added to the library tab, supposedly allowing you to select the language of the library from 186 languages. However, 177 of them are fake. Data for 177 languages ​​is requested in English, even if the TMDB has data in the selected language. This can be seen in the server log.

Another half year passed.

I have already asked and did not receive an answer. I will ask again.
        Why are you limiting metadata to 9 languages?

Comment

Working...
        X