Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC BluRays: Black screen instead of menu

Hello everyone,

I bought the Media Player as I hoped, it would enable myself to play the BluRay menus of some of my BluRays, where VLC Player can't do it for some reason.

Unfortunately, I have several BBC documentaries on BluRay and the Media Player plays the pre-movies (like copyright, labels, trailer) but as soon as it should come to the BluRay menu, it just shows a black screen.

I can't go to Top Menu or Pop-up Menu via menu or hotkeys, I can't switch tracks, I can't do anything then. As I really would like to know the name of the extras and the titles itself (one of the BluRays has 5 movies on itself) I wonder, what I can do to get it working with the menu.

I tried disabling hardware acceleration and changing audio source of no avail. Setting up the Media Player to play the movie directly works, but I do want to have the menu.

I made a DVDfab Player Log.zip file with the log files (5 Kb), in the hope, anyone can see something from it. I also can provide a backup of all but the streams from the BluRay (3.7 Mb).

Sorry for the problem! Are these the UK versions of the discs? Please attach the zip you made to a post using the Upload Attachments button at the lower left corner of the post editor.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hello signals

No, these are German BluRays. I attached the log files. the files from the Bluray itself are too big as attachment (only allows 2 MB). Though I could upload them onto my webspace and provide a URL if needed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Strider View Post
        Hello signals

No, these are German BluRays. I attached the log files. the files from the Bluray itself are too big as attachment (only allows 2 MB). Though I could upload them onto my webspace and provide a URL if needed.
        Please copy everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site to help check the menu playback issue.
        I've PMed you the FTP info. Please check, thanks.

Comment

Are there any updates on this?

Comment

As a new information:
            PowerDVD was able to play the menus just fine, even from the backup folder of Passkey 9. So it can't be an authoring error.

In 7 days, I will decide if I stay with DVDfab Player or not, depending on if there is a solution. If not, I will claim the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee as the program is not working with all my BluRays then.

Comment

Sorry for the trouble, I will urge the developer to look into it.

Comment

Working...
              X