DVD Passkey with DVD Fab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Passkey with DVD Fab?

I have some DVD-RAM recorded content from japan, and I have DVD Fab 8, and just purchased DVD Passkey.

I was able to rip with DVD Passkey to an ISO file, and I'm able to burn that ISO with ImgBurn; but I could not burn that ISO with DVD Fab 8...

Ideally, I'd like to be able to copy the disc with DVD Fab 8 using Passkey to decrypt it; can that be done - and how?

Thanks

You don't need Passkey along with DVDFab. Passkey is the decrypter part of DVDFab, running both at the same time could lead to unpredictable results. Passkey if for use with other copy programs that can't decrypt like Nero Recode. You should be able to do what you want with DVDFab alone.
    Last edited by 90312; 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

The DVD has a VRO file inside of it, and DVDFab doesn't recognize it.

The VRO file has like 5 videos inside of it. I tried using xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to read the original VRO file - and each video it says its protected. When I ripped it with PassKey, 3 of the videos were still protected but two were now not and I could view those...

Why didn't PassKey decrypt all the videos?

-Joe

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      You don't need Passkey along with DVDFab. Passkey is the decrypter part of DVDFab, running both at the same time could lead to unpredictable results. Passkey if for use with other copy programs that can't decrypt like Nero Recode. You should be able to do what you want with DVDFab alone.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2012, 02:37 AM. Reason: removed name of other software

Comment

Unknown why all were not decrypted. Perhaps they were not all encrypted in the first place. You can use Passkey to make a VIDEO_TS folder or image file, then you can burn it using Write Data mode in DVDFab (or ImgBurn in either Build or Write mode).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How about DVD-RAM

INHO, the difference between normal DVD software and Mr. jpkinfla's case is a media.

He uses DVD-RAM. I don't know inside of the Passkey and DVDfab, but if they don't know well about DVD-RAM format and the mechanism of encryptions, the result might be fragile.

How about it?

Comment

How can I use Passkey to make a VIDEO_TS folder from a DVD-RAM video?

The DVD I have has a folder DVD_RTAV and then a VRO file inside of it. All the options I see with Passkey are to Rip to Hard Drive, or Rip to Image file... How can I use it to convert it to a VIDEO_TS format?

-Joe

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Unknown why all were not decrypted. Perhaps they were not all encrypted in the first place. You can use Passkey to make a VIDEO_TS folder or image file, then you can burn it using Write Data mode in DVDFab (or ImgBurn in either Build or Write mode).

Comment

This doesn’t look like standard DVD movie structure. I would try DVDFab “Clone” to get a bit for bit copy. Uncheck both boxes especially the one that says video only. If the original is a DL then you’ll need a DL blank.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

It looks like "DVD-VR" format

The last message from Mr. jpkinfla is quite useful.

It looks like a "DVD-VR" logical format.

I hope this Wikipedia entry would help people in this community:

Comment

Working...
                X