No Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Icon

I am having an issue with the icon not showing up in the tray after Passkey starts, thereby preventing me from setting any options! Any ideas would be a great way to help my day out!

If you have win7, check your settings for how windows handles icons and notifications in the task bar. No problem here with v8.0.6.4, try an update also.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Click the "Delta" symbol on the task bar to show hidden icons then "customize" and set Passkey to show icon and notifications. See attached:
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Passkey Icon

I appreciate the response to my question, but still not solved! Even DVD FAB Virtual Drive shows up under the "Delta" symbol, but not Passkey! I updated to 8064, for which I had already purchased a lifetime for both the DVD and Blu-Ray versions! Excellent product, but I have no way to change any of the options, since it does not show up!
        I am not exactly a novice at the keyboard, but I admit, this one has me baffled!

Comment

See the screen capture attached to 90312's post. Go to that area ("Notification Area Icons") in Control Panel and put a check in the box below the scrolling window where it says "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar". You can also set Passkey or other programs individually to show all notifications/icons using the dropdown selectors for each.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Using either method Passkey must be running (driver loaded) or it won't show up in the list of programs.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Passkey Icon

Have tried all suggestions so far, still no success! I have made sure the Passkey is running in the background each time! That is how I know the icon should be there, but is not! Baffling! Anyone else out there have this problem? By the way, this is with a fresh install on a new Ocz Solid State drive and fresh new copy of Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1 right out of the box!

Comment

1. Back up the Registry by creating a restore point.
                2. Go to Start > Run (or Windows-key + R), type in regedit and hit OK.
                3. Navigate to the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify.
                4. Delete the values IconStreams and PastIconsStream.
                5. Open up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the Processes tab, select explorer.exe and click End Process.
                6. Open the Applications tab and click New Task at the bottom-right of the window.
                7. In the message box that pops up type in explorer.exe and hit OK.
                8. Explorer.exe will reload, and the missing icons should now be back in the system-tray where they belong.
                9. Then if the volume bar isnt there, go to taskbar properties (where the volume was gray) and simply tick the box.

Albert Einstein

Comment

No Icon

Well, I have tried all methods suggested so far, have upgraded to version 8064, installed and uninstalled passkey a number of times, but all with the same result! Thanks in advance for any new suggestions!

Comment

That was my last best method, you need to check for malware dude!

Albert Einstein

Comment

No Icon

Thanks, I had already run HiJack This, Sophos as well as BitDefender before my first post! This was a new install, literally!
                      1. OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device
                      2. Asus CrossFire V
                      3. 16GB Corsair Ram
                      4. 900Watt Antec Power Supply
                      5. Plextor PX-LB950 SA
                      6. Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate, SP1, New Out of The Box
                      7. Bitdefender Internet Security 2011, 5 pc license
                      Order of Install:
                      1. Install Windows 7 Ultimate
                      2. Install Bitdefender Internet Security 2011
                      3. Install WinRar
                      4. Install UltalIso
                      5. Install Google Chrome
                      6. Install ImgBurn
                      7. Install DVDFAB
                      8. Install DVDFAB PassKey
                      9. Install Other Programs as needed, with BitDefender Running continuously in background!
                      It was after I encountered the no icon issue that I ran HiJack This, as well as the stand-alone Sophos virus tool!
                      It is truly a baffling problem, any help out there would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

No Icon

Just a follow-up on my problem! Problem solved! I happened to remember in times past that certain software is installed problem free when virus protection is temporarily disabled! Even though DVDFAB installed with no problems, and PassKey installed without apparent problems, I decided to disable BitDefender as a final test! Voila, the icon shows up in the tray! I decided to uninstall PassKey and re-install it with BitDefender disabled, and now the icon remains, even after I turned BitDefender back on! Thanks Guys, I hope this may help someone else down the line!

Comment

Thanks for the update, please report it to BitDefender.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                            Thanks for the update, please report it to BitDefender.
                            I will certainly do that, but thanks for the quick response from everyone on here!

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              See the screen capture attached to 90312's post. Go to that area ("Notification Area Icons") in Control Panel and put a check in the box below the scrolling window where it says "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar". You can also set Passkey or other programs individually to show all notifications/icons using the dropdown selectors for each.
                              I find that I must be logged on in an Admin account in order to see the mini-icon in the notification area. I hope this helps someone who is also having trouble with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X