Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey Crashes & Wont Back Up

Hi guys, first post so please bare with any ignorance

Passkey auto runs on start up, which is fine. It will then happily run in the back ground while using DVDFab DVD Copy. But once the back up is complete it throws up the following error message.

Also everytime i try to update the software i get the same message asking if i was to search the net or close.

Im using 32-bit Windows 7 Prof.

Passkey is not required for decrypting discs with DVDFab, and is not really deisgned to work the way you are using it. You can change the settings in Passkey so that it does not automatically start up with Windows.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But now I'm more confused.

The way I use it is when I have a DVD feature that has copy protection that I can't get round. Is that not what the program is for? It seems to work for me but then crashes once the burning of the copy protected DVD has finished.

Also why is it I cant update the software due to this constant crashing?

I've turned off the auto-start feature and will be doing some copying tomorrow. But I can't see why that would cause the program to crash time and time again.

Comment

Hi James T
        As my friend said Passkey and DVD Fab both have decrypting abilities, and when run together even though they are both made by DVD Fab they are fighting each other to decrypt the disc, that is why you only run one at a time.

If you are having problems just running Passkey you might have corrupt files.
        My suggestion is to uninstall Passkey, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Run the cleaner after you have uninstalled Passkey, making sure to put a check in the advanced options Old Prefetch Data, then run the registry option until nothing is found, then reinstall Passkey from here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=18562

Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
        X