Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a 'DVDFab passkey is not active for drive D:!' error ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a 'DVDFab passkey is not active for drive D:!' error ..

Hi guys .. I just installed the DVDFab Passkey 8.0.7.2 Trial and am trying to use it, but I keep getting the error 'DVDFab passkey is not active for drive D:!' error when I try to do anything with the bluray disc inserted .. I have tried everything I could think of to try and get the software to work, but its not working ..

Also, when I load a blu-ray disc, I don't even see any windows balloons which show the message that the disc is being scanned (yes, I did check the shown balloons option in settings) ...

Any ideas ?

Please inspect the Drives page in Settings, make sure that drive is enabled. Also, check for conflicting disc I/O software that may have placed a filter in the registry. You can check it with DVDFab Inspector (free) on the filters tab or ImgBurn Tools->Filter driver load order (also free).
    Originally posted by ahmadka View Post
    Hi guys .. I just installed the DVDFab Passkey 8.0.7.2 Trial and am trying to use it, but I keep getting the error 'DVDFab passkey is not active for drive D:!' error when I try to do anything with the bluray disc inserted .. I have tried everything I could think of to try and get the software to work, but its not working ..

Also, when I load a blu-ray disc, I don't even see any windows balloons which show the message that the disc is being scanned (yes, I did check the shown balloons option in settings) ...

Any ideas ?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Please inspect the Drives page in Settings, make sure that drive is enabled. Also, check for conflicting disc I/O software that may have placed a filter in the registry. You can check it with DVDFab Inspector (free) on the filters tab or ImgBurn Tools->Filter driver load order (also free).

I had checked that options, and have also checked the filters using DVDFab Inspector .. there is only one filter being applied, which is the DVDFab Passkey x86 filter ...

I've also noticed something else ... uptill now I was actually trying to use DVDFab Passkey with a virtual drive, which was mounted with a Bluray ISO ... This did not work ... However if I use DVDFab Passkey with an actual bluray drive, which has a physical bluray in it .. it works ...

Is this the intended behavior ? Is yes, is there any way to pass ISO files through DVDFab Passkey, instead of having to use a a physical bluray disc ?

Comment

If these ISOs are not encrypted (most are not), you should not need Passkey to open or manipulate them. I have no encrypted ISOs and have never tried this. Try using DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) to mount the images. I have no idea if this will work or not.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@ahmadka
          Whether the virtual drive is exclude by DVDFab Passkey? Make sure the virtual drive is unchecked in 'Exclusion'.
          Attached Files
          resigned

Comment

Working...
          X