I think I killed my Passkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I killed my Passkey

Some time ago I needed to back up a disc that beat DVDShrink. I downloaded DVDFab Passkey 8 1.0.2. It worked. A few days later I played another DVD and again saw the workings at the bottom right of the screen.

I, later, tried to burn a CDr. The player would not recognize the audio as anything but, "Audio Files".
    I deleted the Icon and tray icon for Passkey and had no problem with the audio.

I have un and re-installed the program and re-booted the PC. I put in GI Joe: Retaliation. I then tried Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Shores. If these two were still too strong for Passkey, would there not be a sign at the bottom right of screen? Placed DVDs and in 15 seconds the quick-DVD-start option popped up. Nothing else happened.

Any help? Windows 7... chrome.... HP s5414y

See if perhaps your trial period has expired.

Remove all optical discs.
    Start Passkey.
    Right click on the tray icon and select About.

You should see the progress window if Passkey is running and set to "Enable" (and it can see your optical drive).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry, did not mention Passkey LITE - no expiration.

I right clicked and got a box with 3 products listed including Lite which was marked 'does not expire'. I could not get to anything else. I uninstalled and also deleted the .exe I used as last time re-install. I started cold from the Webpage. I put The Pirates/Stranger Tides into the drive and a very short time later the counter came up.

There was no sign as to where a cleaned signal was going ad after 5 minutes of counter running I checked the settings: "No disc in drive!". I just ejected and re placed the DVD in the tray while looking at Settings. Disc spins, counter starts counting time and the "No disc in F: Drive" has not changed.

Why doesn't the Passkey 'see' my drive? Thanks.

Comment

Just found: "DVD Fab Passkey not active for the drive." Nothing to tell me how to change that. I clicked on Tutorials and could not find one for Passkey.

Comment

I just did a restart for another program and that Blue box with the passkey products came up again, BUT, this time the main one was clicked on with "September 15, 2013" as expiration date....I have no expiration date!! I downloaded the Lite.

So far I can't even find out how long the process is. "On the fly" means while it is playing to me. Do I need a new dictionary?

Whatever else happens, this better not stop working on the 15th!

Comment

I cannot see any "Lite" version download.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              I cannot see any "Lite" version download.
              After the demo period only the basic stuff is working and that one is called the Lite version.

Comment

On the webpage they call it lite, but, do not tell you the after demo info.

I thought my Pirates disc might be defective so I tried something different and this time it took about 2 maybe 3 minutes to 'ding!' I did a second one and the same. But:

Neither of the 2 different "Burn to Hard Disk" files can be used in DVDShrink due to "Incorrect Data In File". I know the 1st disc I burned had no trouble a week or 3 ago.

Comment

After the running of Passkey I tried to back up with DVDShrink and it said incorrect DVD structure. Two different times of putting it through to Burn The Hard Disc left me with "Incorrect data in file."

Comment

After the passkey is used- I also tried using DVDFab 7 that is old and fairly reliable: it started to read the 'clean disc' and then it dropped the title and said it saw nothing in the DVD drive.

Comment

If you persist in using the free version and software that is at least 5 years out of date, don't expect too much assistance here as I am pretty sure that most members would not even bother trying what you are and hence cannot emulate your problems.

So basically, you're on your own.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

While DVDShrink is a valid use of Passkey that is supported, it will indeed be very difficult for any of us to duplicate your steps to try to reproduce the problem. I do not think I have ever run Passkey in the Lite mode, but I will make some tests on the DVD_Video structure that current versions of Passkey produce.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals: Any help/info would be appreciated.

I have some old DVDrs I made with a stand alone DVD recorder. Read as Funai in systems. DVDShrink sees "Invalid DVD Structure". The old DVDFab 7 sees them just fine.

(I "persist" in trying to get out of being below the financial levels of others. And making do with what I can.)

Comment

I understand and the forum does not make a distinction between paid and free versions when a user seeks help, but as a practical matter it complicates the effort to duplicate the problem, which I think is what Gregiboy was driving at.

Are these Funai discs the ones you are trying to open with Passkey? Some old standalones used odd or proprietary file systems that make the discs problematic to read except on the original recorder. DVDFab is not as tolerant of these as it once was.

Comment

Yes, signals, that is exactly the point I was trying to make!

Because none of us "experienced" users use the "FREE" versions, it is extremely difficult to recreate the environment.

If I read the above posts correctly, I see no need for Passkey to be used to defeat copy protection but the problem being in the structure of the DVD-R disks.

If the OP just wants to copy them, he could use the software that should have come with his drive and not have Passkey active.

If he wants to put them on his hard disk, a simple windows "copy & paste" should work.

Comment

Working...
                              X