Modifying connection settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying connection settings?

With Blu-ray Passkey, the BluPath function is currently going into an endless search, and never resolving — not so surprising, I would guess, given the strife at the moment — but the check for updated versions is failing as well. It returns an error saying:

"Failed to get latest version information. Please check network settings."
    I can't find any network settings to modify, and wouldn't know what to change them to.

I know I can come to the website here and check for and download any updates manually, but I assume at some point the connection information is going to have to be modified. Perhaps there's a new update server and BluPath server already back on-line. How do I go about changing the settings so my copy of Passkey can find them?
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Mine works fine with no modifications of any kind. Try other discs to make sure it's not unique to the one disc.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Well yes, I have, otherwise I'd be posting "Passkey doesn't work with XX".

What about the update routine?

Comment

Bear with me my mind reading skills are not what they used to be. And yes the auto updating works fine too.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ermm, okay. Not asking you to read minds, just not sure why you assumed I'd only tried one disc.

Anyway, since mine *doesn't* work, and the error seems to point to it not finding the server, do you have any suggestions, please, on how to modify this setting? It's been working fine up until the recent troubles.

Comment

Hi MacEachaidh
            Please post your internal log for passkey.
            Thanks
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Passkey internal log

The internal log is attached, but since it went back two years, I've only included the log from the most recent version.

Thanks for looking at this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Try manually updating to 8.2.1.2, it might look to the correct server.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Try manually updating to 8.2.1.2, it might look to the correct server.
                  Beat me to it
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks, both of you.

The new version finds the update server now, but still has a very poor result in finding the region with BluPath.

I've included the log for the new version. It works OK with discs it's previously been able to identify, but discs I haven't previously opened on my system don't fare so well. I gave up on them after several minutes. One disc brought up the old dialogue for me to manually identify the region, and then still took over a minute after that to complete BluPath.

Also, Passkey is no longer handing the disc off to PowerDVD. Is there a reason this might happen?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Have you set the players region code in Passkey? Right click on the icon in the system tray and click settings you'll see it:
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I have, my PC is a Region B system.

Or do you mean changing it on a per-disc basis?

Comment

Originally posted by MacEachaidh View Post
                          Yes I have, my PC is a Region B system.

Or do you mean changing it on a per-disc basis?
                          You change it in Passkey, see 90312 pic

Comment

??? Yes, I know *how* to change it. I'm not sure what you're asking of me.

As I said, do you mean to ask if I change the region with each disc I try to play?

Comment

Just set it once to the Region of the discs you use most, changing it only if necessary. BluPath may take up to about 3 minutes to analyze an unknown disc, but there is an internal timer that reverts to the old mode after that. If you have a Matshita drive, all bets are off for playing out-of-region discs.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X