Passkey 8.2.1.2 and Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey 8.2.1.2 and Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Passkey failed to rip to HD or to rip to Image.

I do not think that the problem is passkey itself as it opens the disk successfuly.

I thing that the problem is in the disk name (see attached screen shots) so it can not create that filename/folder name on Win XP (forbidden characters I presume).

Is there solution for this?
    Just in case, here is the log:
    DVDFabPasskey 8.2.1.2 (2014/04/08 19:59:15)

3m 56.54s: opening drive D
    3m 56.54s: opened i/o
    3m 56.54s: got media type 15
    3m 59.32s: got max lba 17789247
    4m 04.46s: got disc type 20
    4m 04.46s: type Blu-ray BDMV
    4m 04.48s: volume label THE_HOBBIT_DESOLATION_OF_SMAUG
    4m 04.79s: opening drive D
    4m 04.81s: opened i/o
    4m 05.29s: got max lba 17789247
    4m 06.14s: got disc type 20
    4m 06.14s: internal path D:/BDMV/
    4m 06.18s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    4m 08.07s: got bdmv
    4m 08.18s: movie name: the hobbit the desolation of smaug||the_hobbit_desolation_of_smaug
    4m 08.18s: got agid 0
    4m 08.25s: sent host cert chal
    4m 08.25s: got drive cert chal
    4m 08.25s: BEC 0
    4m 08.26s: DRIVE_VENDOR 0x0386
    4m 08.34s: got drive key
    4m 08.40s: got host key signature
    4m 08.40s: verified drive signature
    4m 08.40s: verified host signature
    4m 08.48s: sent host signature and key point
    4m 08.48s: got bus key
    4m 09.73s: got volume id
    4m 09.75s: got volume id mac
    4m 09.87s: volume id is correct
    4m 09.87s: got vid
    4m 10.23s: blu-ray D58D17281568F88830EEAB50AD02E6E3CF49CE96
    4m 10.82s: cert BEE=0x00 same
    4m 12.45s: D 3D1188D6
    4m 12.59s: main playlist 00100.mpls
    4m 12.59s: selected region A
    4m 12.59s: got vuk
    4m 12.92s: got unit key 2
    4m 12.92s: blupath: movie disc
    4m 14.87s: full disc copy/play is supported
    4m 16.15s: got bdmv
    4m 16.18s: got extended bdinfo
    4m 16.18s: opened blu-ray
    Attached Files

It may be there but not in the screen shot, check the output file name it looks like xxxSMAUGiso should be xxxSMAUG.iso will not copy with out the period to separate the extension from the file name.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There is a forbidden character after the "G" in Smaug in the volume name on the original disc.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Strike two!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I downloaded and installed DVDFab9 and ripped the disk without problem! How come Passkey has the problem (which I have the licence for) and DVDFab9 has not?

Comment

I get the same error in the output filename that 90312 posted, and it can't be changed for some reason. Will check it further up the food chain. Rip to HDD does not work either. Not sure if it is the extra character in the Source volume or not.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE

The lead developer for Passkey says this seems to be a bug , they will get it sorted out. Sorry for the problem.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                (Im)patiently waiting for fix

Comment

does this mean since this movie has implemented an updated copy-protection
                  will there be any new releases for the PAID customers of passkey for dvd soon???

i still use the software DVDdecrypter and fixVTS and i get my backups created
                  just trying to understand the latest sticky that was posted

Comment

Passkey opens the disc with no problem, so it should not be an issue for you. If you have a question about something else, please post there, not here.

Comment

Hobbit Desolation of the Smaug Failure

I encountered the same problem but respelling the title seems to be the fix. Very obnoxious..

Comment

Working...
                      X