Not changing region of PowerDVD 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not changing region of PowerDVD 14

Since I allowed Passkey to upgrade to 8.2.3.2, it seems not to be passing info to PowerDVD 14 Ultra anymore.

Two issues:

1) It will no longer change the region in the Blu-ray setting within PowerDVD, and

2) Although it decrypts the region code on an inserted disc, PDVD still rejects the disc if it's a different region from the one PDVD is currently set to.

I haven't seen these issues before. I tried removing and re-installing both PowerDVD and DVDFab Passkey, but the situation persisted. I rolled Passkey back to 8.2.3.1, and it works OK again.

I understand this is just one person's experience, but I'm passing it on as feedback. (And a request for the situation to be looked at.) I think something's been broken in the most recent Passkey update.
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

UPDATE:
    I came back to edit my previous post, but for some reason I can't. Actually, no, it doesn't work anymore on the previous version either.

Changing the region via the Passkey icon in the System Tray has no effect on PowerDVD. And if I go into the Settings for Passkey itself, under Blu-ray Players Region / Detected Software Players, there's nothing listed, and no Reset Region is selected. If I select a region there, then close Passkey Settings and re-open it, it's all unselected again. The region setting doesn't "stick".

It seems as if Passkey is no longer recognising PowerDVD. How can I change this?

Comment

It reports my PowerDVD14 as PowerDVD7.3, which I have never had installed, so it does seem something is amiss. I will pass it along to the QA Team after the holiday.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signals. As always, much appreciated. ;-)

Mine has recognised PowerDVD as 7.3 in the past as well -- perhaps it's a matter of Cyberlink changing how region code settings are stored? -- but with PowerDVD 14, it currently doesn't list any version of PowerDVD as installed at all.

For the moment, I've done a system repair on Windows 7, and rolled PowerDVD back to version 13. Now Passkey lets me change the region code in PowerDVD itself, but the result from BluPath still isn't being passed to the application. I can set the region code in PowerDVD and get the disc(s) to play, but the disc isn't actually be unencrypted.

I've uninstalled and re-installed both Passkey and PowerDVD, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Perhaps something has been broken that isn't being fixed by a re-installation? I may have to reformat and re-install my OS to fix this, but that's not a small task, and at this point I don't want to do all that just on the off-chance it might fix things.

And just for clarity: all of my software is legitimate, and so are my Blu-ray discs. I don't use pirate copies.

Comment

Mac
          There is a workaround for this that may work for you until there is a built-in fix. Since it includes a short screen-capture video, I will send it to the email address you used to sign up here. If that one is no longer usable, send me something current via PM.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The "workaround" doesn't do anything.

Am I right in thinking that people mostly use other DVDFab products, and not Passkey on its own?

For those few who might be interested, this is finally addressed in Passkey 8.2.3.7.

Comment

Working...
            X