PassKey Download Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PassKey Download Problems

Trying to take advantage of the free offer for PassKey, but I'm completely befuddled on how to download it, register it, etc..

Received this email after accepting activation....

Thanks for participating in our Passkey Giveaway. Please download, install and activate Passkey per the instructions below:

1. Download Passkey by clicking http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY
    2. Follow the installation wizard to install Passkey on your PC
    3. Use the key file attached in this E-mail to activate Passkey

Tips to activate Passkey: http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm

I did everything it asked and when opening the attached key file, received this message "Thank you. The product will be restarted to enable the registered version." When I click "ok" it takes me to another screen that says "Welcome To DVD Passkey" with 3 options and a place to type in a registration key which I never received. This is as far as I can go because 10 seconds later this screen disappears.

When I read the instructions in the link provided (Tips to Activate...) it says to Log Into DVDFab Member Center, but I don't see anything like that come up for me to put my membership info.

When I click on the PassKey icon in the System Tray, I get a whole bunch of info I don't understand.

And now, and to frustrate me more, ***when I put a DVD in the drive, nothing happens with DVDFab Copy like it use to. Everything as I knew it before downloading PassKey, doesn't seem to work.

Please....what am I not getting here???? Maybe PassKey isn't for me?

P.S.....***After trying several different DVDs.....all with Cinavia protection BTW, I find that some won't read into the DVDFab Copy, and some will, so perhaps it is download and registered. Do I just leave this program to work on its own, or am I suppose to do something each time I go to copy any DVD????
    Last edited by dtbm51; 08-27-2015, 09:37 PM.

You do not need to use Passkey with DVDFab. If the Passkey icon shows up in the system tray, that means it is running. If you right-click on the icon, it will have various options including exit. The "About" option will show you your licenses and if they are registered correctly (should say "Never Expire").

It doesn't really "do" anything obvious, it just makes the disc in your drive appear to have no copy protection. You can set it to show a progress bar while it scans the disc initially.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you so much for clarifying. Based on what you said, it appears PassKey (& Lite(Free)-- whatever that is), are both installed and say "Never Expire"....but are you also saying that there is absolutely no difference if I have PassKey or not with my DVDFab Copy?

If that is the case and there is no additional benefit to having PK, then should I uninstall it? I thought this might be helpful with discs that have Cinavia protection. No?

Comment

Originally posted by dtbm51 View Post
        Thank you so much for clarifying. Based on what you said, it appears PassKey (& Lite(Free)-- whatever that is), are both installed and say "Never Expire"....but are you also saying that there is absolutely no difference if I have PassKey or not with my DVDFab Copy?

If that is the case and there is no additional benefit to having PK, then should I uninstall it? I thought this might be helpful with discs that have Cinavia protection. No?
        it won't do anything to cinavia. because cinavia ie embedded into the
        audio and cannot be removed not without destroying the audio.

Comment

Thank you....so then PassKey is of no additional benefit to me over my DVDFab Copy, correct?

Comment

If you never intend to use anything except DVDFab then yes. I have different transcoders and encoders that do not decrypt and that's where Passkey comes in to play. Some soft players need it to play Blu-Ray movies as well. Nice to have in your toolbox.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I would leave it installed but disabled unless you need it for some other task.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Help,,, Passkey registration problem

I downloaded DVDFab Psskey free version, and installed per instructions.
                I downloaded my key. Copy and pasted per instructions. Clicked the register button, and it says the (registration key you input is incorrect). What is the problem?
                This is the key DVDFab sent to me for my paid DVD. I have tried uninstalling several times, and still the same thing.

Comment

Does the Passkey "About" page show 'trial' or 'never expire' for DVD and Blu-ray?

Comment

Help,,, Passkey registration problem

It shows trial user, never be used on both.

Comment

Originally posted by edistoriverrat View Post
                      It shows trial user, never be used on both.
                      Hello,

Please double click on the key file or right click and then choose to open with DVDFab Passkey to register it.

Thanks.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Put the keyfile on your desktop (not with a shortcut). If it appears with the DVDFab/Passkey logo, then you should be able to double click it to register the product. If it appears to be a blank white sheet of paper, there is no file association yet (or it is broken) and you will need to use the 'Open with' method that Mona mentioned. You may have to choose the Browse button and navigate to the Passkey.exe file if Passkey is not listed as the suggested program to open it or in the Other Programs area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Hello,

Please double click on the key file or right click and then choose to open with DVDFab Passkey to register it.

Thanks.

Regards,
                          Mona
                          I am aware that this is a flagrant Thread Jacking, but I don't seem to have any other alternative at this point in time.

When I click on my User Name, it says "You do not have permission to access this page"
                          When I open User CP, I don't see/find a "My Content" option.

Here is my issue:
                          I jumped at the opportunity to install the v8.2.4.7 as offered in the Promotion.
                          Then, update v8.2.4.8 was announced, and of course, I followed suit. But, the upgrade procedure wouldn't work. So, like the genius that I am, I thought that I had to uninstall v8.2.4.7 to update to v8.2.4.8, and now, I seem to have lost everything. (Passkey Promotion)
                          I have posted a question to see if it could be fixed, in any way, but now I can't find my post, as if it had been deleted by DVDFab personnel.

Hence, my Thread Jacking.

Comment

Originally posted by mdgboxx View Post
                            I am aware that this is a flagrant Thread Jacking, but I don't seem to have any other alternative at this point in time.
                            Your alternatives were 1) start a new thread of your own in the correct forum 2) send a PM to one of the forum staff

When I click on my User Name, it says "You do not have permission to access this page"
                            This is correct and normal for those in the New Member usergroup and certain others.
                            When I open User CP, I don't see/find a "My Content" option.
                            There is no such option, what were you trying to do?

Here is my issue:
                            I jumped at the opportunity to install the v8.2.4.7 as offered in the Promotion.
                            Then, update v8.2.4.8 was announced, and of course, I followed suit. But, the upgrade procedure wouldn't work. So, like the genius that I am, I thought that I had to uninstall v8.2.4.7 to update to v8.2.4.8, and now, I seem to have lost everything. (Passkey Promotion)
                            I have posted a question to see if it could be fixed, in any way, but now I can't find my post, as if it had been deleted by DVDFab personnel.
                            This is unlikely unless your post contained spam or otherwise violated the rules and policies here, which you can read in a sticky in any forum. Posts and threads for certain usergroups must be approved by a moderator before they appear in the forum. I do not understand about the update not working, but you will need do a new download of the program from the link here in the forum and run the installer using the Run As Administrator option (right click on the installer file you downloaded). Uninstalling the previous version is not normally required or recommended. After installing, you should re-register the product using the key you were sent in an email.

Hence, my Thread Jacking.
                            Please don't repeat it.

Comment

Working...
                            X