This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Wick Region B problem (bug?)

I have a problem with the Region B Blu-ray of "John Wick".
    When inserting the disc, Passkey succesfully opens it and removes all protections (see attached log), and I can start watching the movie with PowerDVD. But, after approximately 10.5 minutes, I get the familiar "disc cannot be played due to copyright restrictions" message, which also tells me to stop any ripping or copying tools running on my computer.
    Apparently, the disc detects Passkey, although it reportedly removed all protections (including Java). What can I do?
    Attached Files

This may be an incorrect playlist issue, although I do not currently have the disc to be able to try it. The QA Team in Beijing may have it, I will refer this to them. In what country was the disc purchased? PowerDVD should be able to play it without Passkey or any other intervention unless it is out of region. Don't believe it is a "bug".
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The disc is form Germany.
      And yes, PowerDVD should play it, but the verison im using is too old (10, I will have to upgrade sometime). That is why I use Passkey in the first place.

Comment

Hi,

Please check your forum message.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there any news?
          I haven't tried 8.2.5.1 yet, does it fix the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson sent you a private message, did you receive it? Try v8.2.5.1 and let us know.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, Wilson and I exchanged messages.
              I was just asking to get a short update, like "We're still working on it" or something like that.

And I just tried v8.2.5.1, which unfortunately does not fix the problem. If it is a playlist issue, the main playlist (as identified by Passkey) is still the same.

Comment

I don't have anything new but I have been down with the flu all last week and have been out of touch. My off-topic advice: get the flu shot, soon.

Comment

But, after approximately 10.5 minutes, I get the familiar "disc cannot be played due to copyright restrictions" message, which also tells me to stop any ripping or copying tools running on my computer.
                  Hi,

Did you mean that still get the error message when playong back on PowerDVD after opening by Passkey 8251?

Would you please post the new log file?

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,

yes, I still get the same error message. I have attached the log from version 8.2.5.1.

Because PowerDVD still wasn't able to to play back the disc, I tried opening the Blu-ray with Media Player Classic (MPC-HC), and it worked! The only thing I had to do was choosing the correct playlist (00549.mpls), since MPC-HC opened 00382.mpls by default. After that I was able to watch the film without problems.

Unfortunately I don't have the disc anymore, since it was rented. I had to give it back.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X