Region lock not removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region lock not removed

Passkey was not able to remove the region lock on "The Lords of Salem" and "Army of Frankensteins" Region A Blu-Rays.
    Tried both 8258,8259 and 8260.
    8258 did not even recognize the region. The others did though.

Now I´m not able to watch them on my TV because of the wrong region.
    Attached Files

The logs say that 8259 and 8260 opened them correctly. If you have different player software, please try it and report the result.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am not talking about playing them on my PC.
      The problem is playing them on my desktop blu-ray player in front of my TV.
      I get a region mismatch errors.

Anyway, Passkey still shows them as region A.
      So I can`t play them on my PC either without changing that player`s region.

Comment

No difference with the newest version either.

Don`t you have any idea of what is wrong?

Comment

Hi,

Please select Region A in Passkey Settings - > Blu-ray.
          What's your region set on your player? PowerDVD?

Would you please upload all the files on the disc except the m2ts files? It's usefull for us to check the problem.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I set region A in PK. it did not help.
            Region A is selected in DVDFab MP. I can play the discs on my PC now.
            Upload them Where?

Comment

One possible reason: Some Blu-rays don't check or check not only the Blu-ray Region, but also the country code of the player or the player software. For example, Japan and USA are both Region A, but have different country codes, so that an American disc protected like this cannot be played in Japan or vice versa.

So maybe your player has the right Region, but the wrong country code.

Here is a thread about such geo-locked discs:

Comment

One possible reason: Some Blu-rays don't check or check not only the Blu-ray Region, but also the country code of the player or the player software. For example, Japan and USA are both Region A, but have different country codes, so that an American disc protected like this cannot be played in Japan or vice versa.

So maybe your player has the right Region, but the wrong country code.
                I hope not. That would be hard to circumvent.

Anyway, when using the discs with DVDFab it shows them to still be region A and still have AACSLA protection.
                Passkey unfortunately failed to remove that too.

Comment

Working...
                X