Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSOD during update

Hi,
    I recently updated Passkey from v8.2.5.9 to 8.2.7.0. Near the end of the installation, I got from Windows 7 (64bit) a BSOD, involving dvdfab.sys. See image attached.
    The software Whocrashed says it's an error "DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION".
    After that, passkey no longer works and cannot be uninstalled!
    So, my question is: what can I do?

GGB
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BSOD_Passkey.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	320015

I did not experience this when installing v8.2.7.0 on Win7, perhaps your installer was corrupted. The correct checksums for this installer are:

CRC32: f4801de1
    MD5: e6840d0eb014a324329c5fae5cab778a
    SHA1: e8d60308c98cda186983cd63bb681b7dee6d9b93

Try a fresh download and verify the installer before running it with the As Administrator option from the explorer file context menu. There should be no optical discs in your drives when installing.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you.
      I tested the MD5 checksum of the installer used: good => no need to redownload...
      Being unable to clean-desinstall, I deleted all the directory "DVDFab Passkey" and dvdfab.sys in Windows\system32\drivers. Then, I was able to reinstall v8.2.5.9 (the last version installed previously without problem). Then, I deinstalled it normally.
      After that, I deactivated the antivirus (Microsoft) and ran v8.2.7.0 with Administrator rights: the installation succeeded...
      I don't know if deactivating the antivirus was useful. About the utilisation of the administrator mode for installation, I can say that until v8.2.5.9 included, I never used it. It seems that, now, it's necessary to use it for updates of Passkey. I wil not forget that!...

GGB

Comment

Working...
      X