Invalid File Structure - DVD Passkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid File Structure - DVD Passkey

Twice already trying to decrypt Marvel Avengers, and now Olympus has Fallen with DVDFab Passkey, I have received the message "Invalid DVD Structure" from Clone DVD2".

I spent many hours trying to find other decrypters to handle this supposed copy protection with no luck.

I understand that PassKey can handle all known encryption, so I do not understand why this happens.

I do not attempt to decryprt while CloneDVD2 is running. Instead, I rip the file to my HD and then let CloneDVD2 take care of the shrinking.

After searching the internet, I came across an article that states one should use VobBlanker. In other words, pass the decrypted file through VobBlanker, and then shrink it.

This worked successfully for OhF. I managed to get a decent copy of Avengers but not of great quality with another program so I did not try this process with PassKey.

Again, if you advertise all known decryption schemes, why is this happening. I guess it cannot handle all known decryption methods?

Please advise of a solution or workaround.

Just a note, for the Bourne Ultimatum, I had no problem ripping to HD, and then shrinking with CloneDVD2. I encountered no Invalid File Structure messages that CloneDVD2 tried to repair like the others I mentioned above.

A better test would be to try to play the disc via Passkey in PowerDVD15/16 or some other licensed player. If it plays normally, the warnings are a false positive and you need to look for a new shrinking application.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just tried the notorious Force Awakens DVD and it does return invalid file structure with all the shrink programs I have. I copied the full disk with DVDFab witch unscrambles the structure to the HDD and now all the other software handles it fine from the copy. BTW the disc does play fine with/without Passkey in PowerDVD. There is a problem with Passkey.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

There will be a new release of Passkey probably today or tomorrow, everyone please try it and report the results here if you are experiencing this problem.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for acknowledging a problem. Hope the new version resolves the structure issues.

Comment

Invalid Disc Structure Again - Passkey 8.2.7.3 New Version

Just downloaded and installed 8.2.7.3 new version over old.

Ripped Marvels the Avengers to HD, and then using CloneDVD2 to shrink, received the message that it is trying to repair invalid disc structure.

Same applies to DVDShrink.

Fyi, again I passed the files through VoBBlanker. This time VB stated to do a full VB scan. After completion through VB, I tried to shrink through CloneDVD2. It reported trying to repair invalid disc structures.

DVDShrink stated it encountered errors and could not continue.

Comment

8.2.7.3 fixed the "invalid file structure" on the force awakens DVD.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Is Passkey DVD specific or should it be able to remove the protection on most discs especially older ones?

Comment

Working...
                X