PK can't open John Carpenter's Vampires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PK can't open John Carpenter's Vampires

I'm using Passkey 9.1.1.5 on Windows 7 x64, and wanted to report it takes around fifteen minutes to open the Blu-ray of John Carpenter's Vampires from Indicator/Powerhouse UK.

Here's the relevant log:

DVDFabPasskey 9.1.1.5 (2017/04/29 01:18:17)

344m 09.68s: opening drive M
    344m 09.68s: opened i/o
    344m 09.68s: got media type 15
    344m 15.35s: got max lba 22040031
    344m 17.62s: got disc type 20
    344m 17.62s: type Blu-ray BDMV
    344m 17.64s: volume label JOHN CARPENTERS VAMPIRES
    344m 17.64s: bd set region ?
    344m 17.87s: opening drive M
    344m 17.87s: opened i/o
    344m 18.54s: got max lba 22040031
    344m 19.71s: got disc type 20
    344m 19.73s: internal path M:/BDMV/
    344m 20.96s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    344m 35.42s: got bdmv
    344m 35.45s: got agid 0
    344m 35.50s: sent host cert chal
    344m 35.50s: got drive cert chal
    344m 35.50s: BEC 1
    344m 35.52s: DRIVE_VENDOR 0x0073
    344m 35.56s: got drive key
    344m 35.58s: got host key signature
    344m 35.58s: verified drive signature
    344m 35.60s: verified host signature
    344m 35.64s: sent host signature and key point
    344m 35.66s: got bus key
    344m 35.78s: got volume id
    344m 35.80s: got volume id mac
    344m 35.80s: volume id is correct
    344m 35.80s: got vid
    344m 36.00s: blu-ray 125FBD3FE7BCF203B72FF0D44958F8350FD1E698
    344m 36.55s: cert BEE=0x00 same
    344m 38.04s: D F1EB3889
    344m 38.08s: got vuk
    344m 38.47s: got unit key 1
    344m 38.48s: blupath: movie disc
    344m 38.51s: Get BluPathData and RRdata
    355m 15.61s: blupath first run: unknown region, unknown playlist
    355m 15.70s: Get BluPathData and RRdata
    355m 17.23s: ff error: 0
    355m 26.39s: bd set region B
    358m 58.55s: blupath second run: unknown playlist
    359m 52.38s: Java protection is removed by StealthyClone anti-protection.
    359m 56.89s: got bdmv
    359m 56.92s: got extended bdinfo
    359m 56.92s: opened blu-ray
    Three things to mention:

1) The process took around fifteen minutes in total. I tried it more than once.

2) After eleven minutes, Passkey asked me to specify the region, which is reflected towards the end of the log above.

3) In PowerDVD 16, trying to play the disc then brings up an error saying either a copied disc or "ripping" software had been detected, and then the disc refuses to play. This is absolutely NOT a copied disc; it is the full retail disc purchased through Amazon UK.

Thanks for any assistance.
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Hi, I have sent you a PM. Please check the PM for your account info, thanks.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Disc Contents uploaded

Hello Ning,
      Thank you very much for your help. I apologise for the delay in replying, but as I posted recently in another thread here, I never receive notifications from the Forum of any replies to my posts, even though that option is selected in my profile settings.

1) I saw that Passkey has been updated. I tried updating to version 9.1.1.6 to see if that resolved the problem with this disc, but the new version generates an error message I've never seen before, and then shuts Passkey down. I can't continue with the disc, with Passkey loaded. I've attached a screen capture of the error.

2) I've uploaded the content of the Blu-ray disc as a zip file to the FTP site you specified in your PM. I gave the full details in my reply to your PM.

3) The disc also contains a folder named JAR in the BDMV folder; since the JAR folder alone is 160GB, I left it out of the zip file. I'll need your advice if you need that data or not to address the problem with this disc.

4) Just to confirm, this is the retail disc, not a ripped copy.

Again, thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
      MacEachaidh
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Would you please create a PISO with ImgBurn and upload to us?

Btw, is it this one?

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 05-08-2017, 10:45 AM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Wilson,
          Thanks for your reply.

I don't have ImgBurn, or know what a PISO is. (Some kind of compressed ISO?) I'll do a bit of research, and post a reply here once it's done.

Comment

A PISO is a ISO with copy protection left on.Make the iso but when it asks leave on protection check yes with fabs passkey program or img burn.If you don't have imgburn it's a free program on the internet if you want img burn.This way after making the PISO you upload the whole PISO with copy protection left on as whats on disk a exact copy and the fake information in the disk like jar file needed by fab is 160 GB won't matter the disk will be able to be uploaded with all it's files but will take a long time maybe overnight is best.

Free img burn link from img burn sight official version: http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
            If you download this when installing this dvd-bluray-burner-ISO-PISO maker make sure you check no for each other software offered during installation it may offer as even at this makers internet sight they offer other programs you don't need when installing it.This way you only get the img burn program with no other junk installed with it.Install using what you want to install not auto install so you can check no to other programs offered with the installation process.

If you use img burn to make the PISO it will say something like are you sure you want to leave this copy protection on as it may not play say yes and continue.
            Last edited by 3dman; 05-10-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi Wilson,
              Forgot to answer your question, sorry. Yes, that's the BD I bought.

I'll have to give uploading this one a miss, sorry. I don't have the bandwidth to upload that much data.

Comment

Can't find a way to edit my previous post. Never mind, I'm giving it a go with making the ISO, and will try uploading it to the address that Ning PM'd me.

3dman7, the software's pretty straightforward, but I appreciate your help nonetheless. Thanks, mate!

Comment

Aaaaagggghhh! I've started the FTP upload, but it's telling me it's going to take 118 hours to complete. That's ... aaaaagggghhh!

Comment

Cancel it Wilson may give you a faster server or they will buy the disk they have the UK amazon link.

Comment

Mac
                      There are some instructions for p-iso here in the forum: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...ewpost&t=25616
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi signals,
                        Thanks for the link.

I did download ImgBurn, and created the ISO file successfully from the still-encrypted disc, but it's 45 GB in size. I live in Australia, and have an ADSL 2+ connection, and the FTP software is telling me it will take 118 hours (five days!) to upload. (I've tried a stand-alone FTP manager, and also the FireFTP plugin for my Firefox browser.) The problem is the data upload rate, which is pretty typical for Australia.

So I'm not sure how best to proceed. Do you have any advice, please?
                        Last edited by MacEachaidh; 05-12-2017, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Hi,

We will get the disc.

Thanks!

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry Wilson! But thanks for the interest. ;-)

Comment

Okay, just to confirm: PK 9.2.0.6 doesn't address this disc. It still takes just as long.

Comment

Working...
                              X