Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having trouble with 9.2.1.5 -- can I roll back version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Still having trouble with 9.2.1.5 -- can I roll back version?

Having trouble with 9.2.1.5 and PowerDVD 17 on Windows 7. With Passkey installed, every time I launch PDVD I get the attached message, even when there actually is a disc in the drive. Even though the error is a PDVD one, with Passkey not installed I don't see the error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDD error.png
Views:	384
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	342253

Actually, there are four sequential errors, all identical except the "DR" reference to the harddrive. (The next one is DR5, then DR6, then DR7.)

I have the installable for the previous version, where this error didn't occur. If I roll Passkey back, and ignore the auto-update, will it still function?
    A' Ghàidhlig: cleachd i no caill i!

Mac
    I tried rolling back to v9.2.1.2 with no ill effects.You can turn off the update checking in Passkey Settings.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey Signals, thanks for that.

I've got 9.2.1.3 installed as I write this, and no sign of the errors.

Is there likely to be a new version of Passkey any time soon?

Comment

There may be. I am chatting with Beijing as we speak about this, In the meantime, you may wish to read this link: https://www.accountexnetwork.com/blo...e-drive-error/

Also, when you have time, use the Filter Driver Load Order tool in ImgBurn to remove the Passkey driver and see if the messages from PDVD17 persist.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 FILTERDIVER.png Views:	1 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	342257

You will need to reinstall Passkey after trying this, but no need to do the Registry backup that ImgBurn recommends. I will also be installing PDVD 17 to be able to test it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, was that really the link you meant to post? ;-)

I've tried removing the driver, and the problem goes away. It doesn't recur with another version of PDVD (such as PDVD 16, which I've now reinstalled) or any other version of Passkey but 9.2.1.5.

I realise the issue might be occurring in the presence of other items on my system, but the key seems to be that I only get the errors when Passkey 9.2.1.5 is installed.

Comment

Beijing gave me the link, I have not read it completely yet myself. I will see what happens with PDVD 17, the devs will be installing it also. The Passkey filter should be transparent if Passkey is not running, but I have noticed delays is drive recognition even by PDVD 16 since installing Passkey 9.2.1.5, so there is some issue here, clearly.

Comment

Hey Signals,
              I'm very happy to report that 9.2.1.6 has resolved the problem, at least for me. No more "no disc" errors in PDVD 17.

As always, many thanks to you folk for the quick response. You're the best!

Comment

Working...
              X