Passkey 9.3.0.0 disables BD-drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey 9.3.0.0 disables BD-drive

Passkey 9.3.0.0 disables my BD-drive Samsung SN-506BB. If I install 9.2.x it works again. :-(

I'm having the same problem.
    (LG WH type drives.)

Comment

Same with me too, two different drives.

Comment

No problems with my Asus BC-12D2HT.
        Thought I'd just mention it.

Comment

same problem here also. Passkey 9300 disables ALL the optical drives in my tower system. The system device manager reports corrupt keys for the drives in the registry. This is a quad core tower - Win10Pro/64. Reinstalling 9232 corrects the problem. The same situation occurs on my core-I7 laptop (device manager in the laptop says the driver is disabled) - Win10Home/64.
          Last edited by Rich86; 03-17-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Therefore the wind blows! I expierenced this phenomenon yesterday. All optical drives were disabled, corrupted keys in the registry etc. I was wondering how that has happend. Well, I got the drives back under control. But since yesterday there was no need to start Passkey. And now, while reading this thread, the scales are falling from my eyes: It has happend after the Passkey update. Usually I'm going to start an updated program - Bingo! Hours later - this update out of sight and out of mind - another program, my favoured CD ripper starts to complain about reluctant optical drives... (Win7Pro/64)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              same problem here also. Passkey 9300 disables ALL the optical drives in my tower system. The system device manager reports corrupt keys for the drives in the registry. This is a quad core tower - Win10Pro/64. Reinstalling 9232 corrects the problem. The same situation occurs on my core-I7 laptop (device manager in the laptop says the driver is disabled) - Win10Home/64.
              Correction: the AMD quad-core tower I described is actually still running Win7Pro64.

Comment

Hello,

use method 5 in the link below an re-install Passkey 9.3.0.0. It works for me. I have had the same problem.

This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

MM69

Comment

Same problem here.
                  After installing 9.3.0.0 both my LG BlurayWriter and my Nec DVDWriter are giving Faulterror 19 in Devices (Wi10pro 64bit).
                  After uninstalling 9.3.0.0 and reinstalling 9.2.3.2, both writers are working again.

And thanks madmarc69 for your work-around.
                  However,
                  giving the fact that more users are having the same problem after installing 9.3.0.0,
                  I prefer waiting for a good working update/correction 9.3.0.x instead of having to change entries in my register.

Comment

Hello All,

We are checking this problem. Thank you for the report.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Hello,
                      I would also like to note that my two BD drives disappeared after the update to Passkey 9.3.0.0. on 2018-03-18. Faulty drivers are named as the cause in the device manager. It seems to be a common problem. Disabling / uninstalling and reinstalling the drives does not solve the problem. May support quickly provide a solution to the problem.
                      Thank you.

Comment

I got the same problem with Win7 x64bits but i corrected this bug. Check "Settings" "General" "Reset DMA" all was fixed

Comment

Some users have reported similar problems. If you can't correct it another way, please try reinstalling the previous version. If you do not have the installer, send me a forum PM and I can provide a link. I did not experience this with Matshita or LG drives on 64-bit win 7 Pro

If you experience this, please close Passkey and open ImgBurn if you have it, and see if your optical drives can be seen there.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can also try restarting your PC after installing v9.3.0.0. Or revert to v9.2.3.2
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I said I didn't have this issue, but I believe I did ran into it. Not 100% sure, so the follow is on a "it-works-for-me(tm)" base, on Windows10.

Open regedit and go to
                              Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
                              and remove either "UpperFilters" or "LowerFilters" entries.

Reboot the computer and check in Device Manager if the optical device no longer has a warning.

Reference link

As mentioned before, this worked for me and I am not fully sure if it's related.
                              If an admin feels it is not related in any way, feel free to remove this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X