File Corrupted! Anything past 9.3.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Corrupted! Anything past 9.3.0.3

I can installed any version of Passkey up to and including 9303. I have tried to install 9310 and 9314 and both come up with an error during the installation of:

"File corrupted! This program has been manipulated and maybe infected by a Virus or cracked. This file won't work anymore."

Searching the forum, other users appear to have seen this message on DVDFab products in the past but no obvious solution is available. What can you suggest?

This can be the result of overzealous protection from your anti-virus or security software or corruption of the downloaded installer. If it happens repeatedly on different versions it is most likely not a corrupted installer, but you can compare the checksum of the installer you downloaded to the one on the DVDFab server (posted in the release announcement) to rule that out. Check the activity log of your antivirus or security software to see if it shows any activity related to any of the Passkey files. Some of the AV applications are not really well-mannered and can delete, block or quarantine files without giving any notice to the user.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have seen this message when actually trying to run DVDFab even after it installed ok, and have previously reported this in another post. It only happens on some versions of 32 bit, which I usually don't use, or not too often (mainly only for troubleshooting purposes) , but not 64 bit. Checksums were always verified as ok. Many times the solution for me was to run it as Administrator. But then in subsequent updates, the error just disappeared. I never found anything in the blocked or quarantined list of files created by my AV program whenever this happened. Also, the error that pops up doesn't appear to be created by my AV program (I included screen shots in my other post). Sometimes the only solution was to completely uninstall all versions and reinstall. This might work for Passkey (which I don't use) or not. But this all makes me think it might be some coding issues and conflict with the Windows OS itself, because the same error message has popped up after a Windows monthly update, even a minor one (major ones only come out twice a year), or after a DVDFab update..

In fact, I just now checked this after installing the 32 bit update of DVDFab (10.1.0.0) and get the error message shown below. Then running it again as Administrator, no error message. Very strange as to why this happens only after certain updates and why simply running as Administrator doesn't produce this error. (Again the 64 bit update ran fine).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	356453

yavin_master try running installation as Administrator and see if that works for you,

Last edited by LaciBacsi; 07-08-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of which I had already tried, but I have again just to be sure.

I've tried:
        Uninstalling the previous verions
        Disabling the virus scanner (AVG)
        Re-downloading.
        Checking the CRC (which is fine).
        Running as administrator.

I still get the same "File corrupted....." error message. Yet I install version 9303 and all is fine.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

If you Google the error message verbatim, you will find that this has been an issue with other apps (mainly game launchers from what I can tell, but maybe some others too), going back even several years. The listings are too long to list here but I encourage you to Google it and see if you can see anything that might help.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but having been subjected to the same error message in the past, I can understand the frustration you are feeling. If I come across a solution, I will post my findings here. But it appears to be a Windows generated message and not DVDFab or AV utility.

I will also try to use the Microsoft's Sysinternals Procmon utility to see if I come across something. Since this pops up for me from time to time, I am also anxious to find a solution other than the ones I have been using, since none of those methods, although they often work, really point to the cause. I even get this message on another PC I have that is also running the same versions of Windows and DVDFab, but different (older) hardware (One is Core i7 based, and the older is Core2 Quad) . Only common environment to both PCs is Windows 10, AV Utility (F-Secure, which was offered and supplied by my Cable provider),Office Pro 2010 and running same versions of 32 bit and 64 bit DVDFab, but still have that message pop-up from time to time.
          Last edited by LaciBacsi; 07-10-2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Just to add to the above post, I have only seen this in the 32 bit version and don't recall ever seeing it in the 64 bit version.

Comment

I've finally had some time to come and look at this but here is something interesting - version 9.3.1.6 which has just come out doesn't show the error. This makes me think it is something to do with the coding in versions 9.3.1.0 9.3.1.4 (I didn't try 9.3.1.5). Anyway, back running with the latest version again :-)

Comment

Working...
              X