Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passkey does not install or update any longer !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey does not install or update any longer !!

Lifetime license, Win10 64bit.
    When I try to install 9349 I only see a cmd-window for a fraction of a second and nothing else happens.
    The same with older versions saved on my PC !!
    The only big thing I did on this machine was Windows OS-Update to 1903.

Also again and again anything cripples my Passkey installation. It falls back to English only !! The language
    dropbox in the settings is empty. The language folder itself is empty. The 7z.exe is deleted.

Does anyone maybe know what the problems are ??

Thank you.

I suspect it is Win10, but try a new download from here: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=PASSKEY and make sure Win10 security is set to allow Passkey.exe to run (same for your antivirus/security stuff). The developers can check it, have not seen anyone else mention it. Attach a copy of the Passkey install log if the new version does not work.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the reply !!
      Installation process seem to not start at all. In the log file the latest entries are for 9348. Do you still need this ?

I never had any problems like that before with Passkey so is there a tutorial on how to allow passkey at Win10-security, etc. ?

Comment

Thank you for the reply !!
        Installation process seem to not start at all. In the log file the latest entries are for 9348. Do you still need this ?

I never had any problems like that before with Passkey so is there a tutorial on how to allow passkey at Win10-security, etc. ?

Comment

Yes, please--the Passkey internal log and the install log. Right click on the installer file and select Run As Administrator. And again, check the event logs of any security software you may have for mentions of Passkey.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Files attached
            Attached Files

Comment

Installation of the newest version fails too !! Is this being looked into ??

Comment

Hi Filmfan1967, we want to remote your PC to check it out.

Please contact us via online help on http://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm to proceed. I have sent you more info via PM, please kindly check. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - but don't you have a debugger or something like that ??

Comment

Originally posted by Filmfan1967 View Post
                    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - but don't you have a debugger or something like that ??
                    We cannot reproduce the issue, it could be helpful if we can access your PC to check it out.

Comment

In the meantime I have re-installed Windows to see if there was maybe something just broken by the 1903-update !!
                      And with this fresh installed Windows setup started again so I assumed that indeed something was not working as it should.
                      However after applying my usual security settings the passkey setup is again not working.
                      One of the measures was to block most settings in privacy-'background apps' !! Does passkey-setup need a specific or a combination of settings to work ??

Comment

Please take the following steps:
                        1) download and try to install Passkey v9.3.5.3 if you have not
                        2) If it fails to install, attach the new install log, then follow the steps below
                        3) Install ImgBurn (free) You can get it here: http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
                        A. Start ImgBurn with no discs in any drive
                        B. Select Tools from the menu and select Filter Driver Load Order from the dropdown
                        C. From the window that opens, click the Copy to Clipboard button at the bottom
                        D. Open Notepad and press Ctrl+V to paste the info from ImgBurn, save the file with a name like 'filters.txt' and attach it to a post here
                        E. Close ImgBurn

4) Report your results in a new post in this thread

Note that to install correctly, Passkey must have permissions to read and write your Windows Registry (so use Run As Administrator). If you have made any settings or have software that prevents this, it will NEVER work.
                        Updates to Windows Defender can cause this, try turning it off. To protect your PC, use Malwarebytes instead.

I strongly suggest you take advantage of Mona's generous offer to have a developer connect to your PC and do some troubleshooting. This is normally reserved to DVDFab's Prime Service members.

Comment

Does the passkey setup NEEDS flash to work ??
                          Because of the ongoing security issues I always delete the files from both system32\ and syswow64\macromed\flash !!

Comment

The devopers are surely quite busy improving passkey but is it not possible to get an answer for such a simple question ??

Comment

Originally posted by Filmfan1967 View Post
                              The devopers are surely quite busy improving passkey but is it not possible to get an answer for such a simple question ??
                              Interesting to read this when you yourself are incapable of answering questions or doing as asked.
                              Instead you keep ranting and use double ! and ? every time.

Think about that.

And why would you delete the flash files? There is no point in doing that unless you keep using Internet Explorer or haven't disabled the option to not use it in Edge.
                              Furthermore, a Windows Update will bring it back.

Your "security settings" sound like you have no clue what and why you are doing it, but you read it somewhere on the internet and therefore it must be true.

Comment

Working...
                              X