Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstalling DVDFab Passkey

My first post here so pls be gentle

I am actually using v9.3.4.9 and despite upgrading I have a disk - BFI The Magic Flute (released late last year) Zone B (I am in the UK) - that refuses to load more than the main feature (and that after some 5 mins of activity with Passkey)

If I dis-enable Passkey, PowerDvd refuses to play the disk (several versions tried) saying that the content is corrupted (same as with any other disk I tried this way)

I also un-installed the program with the same result - it re-installed without issue (I have a lifetime licence)

It seems to me that something is left behind which causes PowerDVD to fail.

I would prefer to un-install and re-install as and when I need Passkey to play Zone A disks (I just have a few) and then have PowerDVD to play normally as if Passkey was never there.

Any thoughts and suggestions welcomed (other than a complete re-install of Windows )

Regards

David

This should not be necessary, Passkey should be invisible if you have it disabled. Please attach the Passkey internal log session from the disc that would not open. (instructions here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5)
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the quick response (I saw the reply earlier but for some unknown reason I could not access the thread)

I think I have got the right part of the log from today:-

But I still fail to understand why when I disable Passkey PowerDVD refuses to play any disk - just reports 'Corrupt content'. Re-enable it and all disks will play. This one only main feature and all menu selections also go to the main feature.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh and thank you for closing the other unrelated topic.

Whilst I have now solved that issue which had nothing to do with this thread at the very least I could have helped others if they had the self, same problem

Comment

I am not sure, you may still have a problem with Passkey. Try exiting Passkey completely, then eject the disc and then put it back in.
          Which version of PowerDVD are you using? It works fine for me normally, with PowerDVD 17. Do you have ImgBurn installed?

Please ATTACH logs rather than posting them in the message area, read this if you have not: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Point taken about the attachment.

As far as this particular disk is concerned I have

1. Closed down PassKey
            2. Re-started it - several disk swaps to see if the issue is only this disk. None play when closed down/dis-abled.
            3. Un-installed it twice
            4. Re-installed it
            5. Un-installed PowerDVD
            6 Re-installed it

This is an oldish version. 12 actually. But it works for me generally so why upgrade

I have also tried atleast 2 trial versions but these are somewhat crippled. The latest 19 refuses to play any Blu Ray. If I knew for certain that a later version would work when Passkey was not enabled/closed down I would upgrade.

Your comment about Imgburn intrigues me. Yes it is installed. Could that conflict ?

Comment

Just one thing. For DVDs PowerDVD works as it should (when Passkey is not running etc.). The issue is only for Blu Rays.

Comment

I need to express my thoughts here since, unless I am very mistaken, this place is the only avenue for software support.

I am no expert on these matters but it is my understanding that software players handle DVD Regions etc. differently to Blu Ray. That itself could go a long way to explaining why I can play dvds without issue when Passkey is not running.

It is as if Passkey has installed a common component which PowerDVD then reads or more likely does not like. Un-installing Passkey does not remove the component since it is common. So my thoughts turn to identifying it at the point of installation of PowerDVD and archiving it. Then copy it back as and when Passkey is not required. All rather O.T.T. since there should be no interference.

BTW coming back to Imgburn. Yes it is installed but not on the Win7 element of my dual boot (with XP) system on independent HDDs. So I can not see how there can be any interference but who knows.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Yet when I joined the forum a few months ago I would swear that the forum was the appropriate place to raise these issues.

When I checked after my previous post there does exist a method to send software issues direct to the co.

Whilst I will await to read what the write about this issue - which is NOT about a specific disk - I would still welcome opinion in case there is a setting I have overlooked or not been even aware of.

Comment

Hi,

Not need to uninstall Passkey or PowerDVD, from the log file, it should be caused by that Passkey could not detect the main title for the disc, then PowerDVD played back failed when Passkey enabled.

I will let you know when it's fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Apart from this disk, can you explain why PowerDVD can not, in my system, play ANY Blu Ray when PassKey is disabled.

Can anyone confirm that, in their system, PowerDVD plays Blu Ray disks when PassKey is not running.

With regards to that Q. about imgburn and my later response. It is true that imgburn is installed on a non Win7 HDD. However, there are registry entries in Win7 that point to this installation which I suspect were created from AvsToDVD which uses imgburn. Even so, these entries only point to my dvd drive and I have no issues with dvds when PassKey is not running. My BD drive is not a burner.

Comment

I have a disk - BFI The Magic Flute (released late last year) Zone B (I am in the UK) - that refuses to load more than the main feature (and that after some 5 mins of activity with Passkey)
                        About movie BFI The Magic Flute, please open the original movie disc in Windows Explorer, copy all the .m2ts files that are less than 1GB, save them to a new folder, zip and upload it to our FTP site (See PM for info).

can you explain why PowerDVD can not, in my system, play ANY Blu Ray when PassKey is disabled.
                        As far as I know, PowerDVD doesn't support to decrypt BDs, so it cannot playback some BD without third party tool like Passkey to help with the decryption.

You can use DVDFab Player 5 to have a try. It supports to playback BDs without Passkey installed or enabled.

Comment

I have replied to the message. Yet I find your comment about PowerDVD Pro or Ultra not standard strange since Blu Ray playback is one of their main features.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidJB View Post
                            I have replied to the message. Yet I find your comment about PowerDVD Pro or Ultra not standard strange since Blu Ray playback is one of their main features.
                            Regarding your comment about “the player, after some time, loads the disk and plays all the content whereas Passkey will not. If Passkey is running then Media Player also fails to play all the content.”, please upload those requested file to help check it out, thank you.

As about the the problem that PowerDVD will not playback any BDs while Passkey disabled, I may not make myself clear, anyway, in this case, I would suggest that you completely uninstall Passkey again, you can use the help of CCleaner with the uninstalling, and then load the disc to drive and use PowerDVD to playback again. If still have problem after Passkey is completely removed from your PC, please also contact the support team at PowerDVD for some advice.

Comment

I have sent a message about the upload of these files.

Allow me to make another attempt at uninstalling Passkey (maybe some earlier over-written version is conflicting ?) and will respond here accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                              X