Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for a "Flexible" Trial Period

Hello,

Some programs that exist both in a free and a commercial version (e.g. Malwarebytes) do not start the trial period automatically on the day of installation or when they are started for the very first time, but let the users decide themselves when they want to test the paid features or whether they want to test them at all (there is a "Start Trial" button). Until they start the trial, the users have only access to the free features of the program, and after the trial is over, the program switches back to the free version unless it is registered .

With a "flexible" trial period like this, users who use chiefly the free features are not under time pressure and can save the paid features for the moment when they really need them.

Thank you and many greetings,

Mediafox

You cant compare Malwarebytes and Fab. Read about all the programs, use them for 30 days, if that's not enough time for you to know whether you need them or not, then more time won't help you. What would you like , maybe a year. Please, these programs are tops in their class. You should be happy you are able to buy them.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

A BIG misunderstanding: I DO NOT WANT MORE TIME to test the paid features; I just want the possibility to decide myself when the 30-day trial period begins (NOT right after installation or the first program start).

Malwarebytes: Starts as free version whose features you can use as long as you wish. The trial period of the paid features begins only if and when you click the "Get a 14-day trial" button. Like this, you can save the 14-day trial period of the paid features for a time when you really need these features. After the 14-day period, the program switches back to free version unless you buy it.

Passkey: Starts immediately with the trial period of the paid features, even if you need only the free features (such as bypassing Region codes for watching discs) in the first 30 days.

Comment

So decide for yourself when you want to install it, then you can use it for 30 days and the watermark will be removed. People who write software need toi get paid also. If you like their program " Buy it."
        "A BIG misunderstanding: I DO NOT WANT MORE TIME to test the paid features; I just want the possibility to decide myself when the 30-day trial period begins (NOT right after installation or the first program start)."
        If they did it this way you could go no for years and never have to buy the program. These programs are very fairly priced. 如果人們努力工作,他們應該得到報酬
        Last edited by Chameleon; 03-03-2020, 03:26 PM. Reason: add text
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I am not sure this floating trial would be as secure as the present system. The DVDFab trial is generous (most are two weeks) and some won’t even install until you agree to start the trial. I think Chameleon has zeroed in on this!
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Would it be possible to offer DVDFab Passkey Lite as a program of its own (without the paid features) for download? Then, the users could use Passkey's free features as long as they want to, and if /when they need the paid features, they could download the paid version and start the trial period.

I'm asking, because Passkey Lite is the only free program known to me that, for example, can bypass DVD Regions "on the fly" with RPC-2 drives. (There is no free "lite version" of AnyDVD). So that DVDFab Passkey Lite version would be like a new version of the old freeware DVD Region Killer.

Comment

Working...
            X