Disc is not opened problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Disc is not opened problem

Brand new problem from the most recent two weeks: I'm a 9.3.7.5 user and been recieving constant "Disc is not opened" reply from the software, be it a standard DVD or a Blu-Ray from any region. Never happened to me before nor have I any idea what triggered it in the first place.

Enclosing the info:

Info for drive [G:\] (DVDFab Passkey 9.3.7.5)
    Vendor: HL-DT-ST, Product: BD-RE WH14NS40
    Revision: 1.04, Vendor specific: N001201KLGJ9OE3841
    Drive region: 1 (RPC II), changes left: 4(user) / 4(vendor)
    AACS v1, AGIDs: 2, revocation level: MKBv65+
    Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES

Disc media: DVD (Data)
    Disc is not opened.

I'd be much obliged for any attempt of assistance.
    Last edited by Gordiac; 03-03-2020, 09:38 PM.

Sorry about it, please attach the whole Passkey log file to help check it out, thank you.

Comment

Here you go.
      Attached Files

Comment

Try the newer version of Passkey and attach a new log if it still does not work.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The enclosed log was from the newer Passkey version. I've moved on to 9.3.7.6 since the original post and I'm still having the same problem.

Comment

I had a similar problem with the newer version so I used the uninstall packaged with Passkey, I got a pop-up telling me I would have to reboot to install this new version, did that installed and all is well. You might give that a try.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              I had a similar problem with the newer version so I used the uninstall packaged with Passkey, I got a pop-up telling me I would have to reboot to install this new version, did that installed and all is well. You might give that a try.
              Well, I've had this problem with both the previous version and the current one, but I don't mind trying other solutions. Please clarify: I'd like to know what do you exactly mean when saying you've "used the uninstalled packaged with Passkey"? which one was it?

Comment

Click the Windows icon and scroll down to DVDFab Passkey, click to open and select uninstall.

Albert Einstein

Comment

By the way I used CCleaner after uninstall to cleanup a messy registry and that may have helped the issue too.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'll try it, even though I'm not sure if there's too much difference between this uninstalling process or uninstalling directly from the add/remove programs section.

Comment

Well, still with the same problem despite uninstalling/CCleaner/re-installing.

Strangest thing, though: Passkey allowed tonight for a DVD & a BR to work for about 5 minutes and then just stopped.

Comment

At the moment I'm just speculating and would love to have others help me out here if possible:

After re-calculating, this problem's been around for me for about a month. Since it never happened to me before, is there a chance one of the PC updates constantly "collides" with the Passkey and somehow causing it not to identify the discs via codecs (both Passkey and ANYDVD HD)? The Windows explorer seems to achknowledge the fact there are discs in the drive.

Everything installed into my PC since the start of 2020 is merely a Java update and a Windows Driver package concerning SCSI adapter. Can any of those be the source of the problem?

Comment

Hi Gordiac,

If you are using Windows Defender, please try to turn off the optional "Controlled Folder Access" item in the Windows Defender settings according to the Microsoft support page guide and then try again.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-security

This setting will NOT be turned off by simply turning off Windows Defender real-time protection.

Comment

Working...
                          X