This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post
    Since that's all I want to do, DVDFab would be sufficient for me as it also do what Passkey does.
    NO DVDFab does not decrypt on the Fly like Passkey does

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Very easy to use. We like to think it has some improvements over the other product you mentioned. Install it, then start it. When you insert a disc, it will pop up a box as it opens it, telling you when it is finished. The disc will appear fully protection and region free. Works well with almost any app that uses a DVD or Blu-ray disc as input. You can exit when finished or leave it in the background. If you right click on the logo in the system tray there are a few settings and options. I have tested it with:
      DVDShrink
      PGCEdit
      DVD Decrypter
      ImgBurn
      DVDSubEdit
      DVDFab (no need to disable)
      and others. Works fine so far. Give it a try and post the results.
      I tested with DVDDectypter.

It shows warning "On-the-fly IFO/BUP file patching failed!" when all BUP files except for the last.

It rips Fake VTSs over 60GB like "WALLIE".
      Is it right when file mode? (It seems not when ISO read mode.)

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        So in theory, once decrypted with Passkey, reading and ripping with DVDFab should be quicker?

Comment

Works no problems with 1ClicktoDVD just Disable CPRx error correction and it should work just fine
          For the life of me I cant get it to work with 1Click, I never used the Cprx anyway but even though Pathplayer opens the movie I still get the message that the DVD is encrypted. What are your settings in Passkey?
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post
            So in theory, once decrypted with Passkey, reading and ripping with DVDFab should be quicker?
            Don't know maybe test it out and see then let us know what you find out. I myself do not see any benifit to using Passkey when I am using DVDFab since DVDFab does the same as Passkey for the on the fly part as I have region 3 original DVDs that I like to watch instead of the back ups but my DVD drive is region 1 and passkey helps with the region code.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
              For the life of me I cant get it to work with 1Click, I never used the Cprx anyway but even though Pathplayer opens the movie I still get the message that the DVD is encrypted. What are your settings in Passkey?
              I remember another member who got that message as well and it not a Passkey problem but a 1click problem and it has been reported on the 1click forum before. I tried to help when it was going through internal testing but never figured out how to fix the problem for the other member since it was not a passkey issue. As for me I use default settings for Passkey except I do not have Passkey to start when my computer starts or check for updates as I do that when needed.

Right now I am making a back up of Precious using 1clickpro and passkey and having no issues with 1clickpro
              Last edited by AGJ; 03-07-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I remember another member who got that message as well and it not a Passkey problem but a 1click problem and it has been reported on the 1click forum before. I tried to help when it was going through internal testing but never figured out how to fix the problem for the other member since it was not a passkey issue. As for me I use default settings for Passkey except I do not have Passkey to start when my computer starts or check for updates as I do that when needed.

Right now I am making a back up of Precious using 1clickpro and passkey and having no issues with 1clickpro
                Are you using a 64bit OS or a 32bit OS?

Comment

my windows 7 is 64bit and my XP is 32bit no problems on both computers. I can even test with The Hills Run Red if you want as I have that movie in my collection as 1click just finished with Precious and it copied and burned no problems

Comment

my windows 7 is 64bit and my XP is 32bit no problems on both computers. I can even test with The Hills Run Red if you want as I have that movie in my collection as 1click just finished with Precious and it copied and burned no problems
                    Unreal, I wonder what my problem is? Please try the Hill Run Red and see if you even get the Preview Window. Thanks alot.

Comment

It's working with The Hills Run Red says I have 5 minutes left using 1clickpro Full Disc with compression and passkey, my DVDs UPC# 8 8392900699 1. Never got the DVD encrypted message.

Comment

Attached Brazilian Portuguese Translation
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's working with The Hills Run Red says I have 5 minutes left using 1clickpro Full Disc with compression and passkey, my DVDs UPC# 8 8392900699 1. Never got the DVD encrypted message.
                          Thanks AGJ, I am using Vista 64bit Ultimate and I am obviously doing something wrong, I will play around with it and see if I can replicate your success. Thank you again.

Comment

Sorry, but this is quite unclear and even confusing. First:
                            Then:
                            I myself do not see any benifit to using Passkey when I am using DVDFab since DVDFab does the same as Passkey for the on the fly part as I have region 3 original DVDs that I like to watch instead of the back ups but my DVD drive is region 1 and passkey helps with the region code.
                            (my emphasys on contradicting part)

I think I'm familiar with the concept of on-the-fly decryption, protection and region code removal. Alhough I am using DVDFab for more than three years, I haven't installed Passkey yet due to a concern it may conflict with [the other competitive product that is forbidden to be mentioned], which is practically identical in functionality.
                            DVDFab does the same as Passkey, but it does it only "for itself", i.e. the other applications would see discs as protected even when DVDFab is running, while Passkey is resident in memory, and most probably installs a lower CDROM class filter (to do the magic of "on-the-fly").
                            To that end, I think DVDFab overlaps with Passkey, and both products will have to be updated in order to keep-up with the ever changing copy protections. In other words, there is a redundancy - I suppose if both Passkey and DVDFab are running (the case in the second quote of your post, AGJ), DVDFab will see the disc as free of any protections and regions.

The point is that the part of DVDFab dealing with copy protection removal can now be completely omitted from it (just as in non-CSS version I was given a link after purchase) and protection/UOP/region removal passed completely over to the Passkey.
                            That way DVDFab could be broken into two products: Passkey, which deals with protections (e.g. allows playing region mismatching discs), and the other for copying (compression, chapter/subtitle removal, cloning, etc.) and burning.
                            This would give much cleaner "architecture" of DVDFab line products, allowing to update only one product (Passkey) instead of currently two (Passkey and DVDFab) as new protections emerge.

And for the end, what did you mean by "... I like to watch ..." part - how can you watch the movie with DVDFab?

Regards.

Comment

I like to watch my original region 3 DVDs on my computer and Passkey makes that possible with out changing the region code for the DVD drive.

Passkey decrypts on the fly so you can use other programs like DVD shrink, 1click and others to make your back ups. DVDFab does not do that as it an all in one program that does it all except for what passkey does.

Now I meant I do not see the point of having Passkey running while I am using DVDFab to make a back up disc as DVDFab does the same decryption as passkey except for the on the fly part

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                                I had the same problem make sure to wait for passkey to fully open the Dvd and it will work.

I have so many different programs for burning on my pc its crazy I had to remove the other on the fly decrypter to get it to work also the two drivers on my system would not work together so I had to choose one or the other the other lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X