X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    If you could post what got changed (or upload German and English file), i could translate it asap or else we have to wait until I get home in about 6 or 7 hours.

Leave a comment:

• fengtao
    replied
    Hi Blazkowicz, please re-download, we have updated the English language file.

Leave a comment:

• Blazkowicz
    replied
    As new version's thread is closed, i would like to know if there are new strings in 7.0.0.5 Beta as I can't test myself atm due to Mac OS.

Leave a comment:

• wwooz
    replied
    Passkey and DVDFab observation

I'm only a casual DVDFab user, but downloaded and ran Passkey since I was having issues making a backup of my copy of UP.

The first thing I ran into after loading the UP disk and getting the output report was that when I then launched DVDFab (registered user, currently have version 6.2.1.8 installed), the source field was blank after it read the disk.

It didn't take me long to realize that I had PathPlayer ENABLED in Passkey and DISABLED in DVDFab. Once I enable it, the copy process worked like a charm (just completed the process, so I haven't played the backup yet to verify that everything went OK).

Is is incorrect to assume that that Passkey settings should be transparent to the settings in DVDFab?

- wwooz

Leave a comment:

• gigibop
    replied
    Attached Italian Translation
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pes
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
    Why would anyone want this who already has DVDFab? I don't get what any attraction to it is. I already own the other virtual drive type program and over time don't even have it installed anymore cause I just don't need it. Don't see a need for this either since I already have DVDFab.
    Or if you would like to watch BluRay movies on non-HDCP compliant hardware without ripping it first...
    Last edited by pes; 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AGJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
    Why would anyone want this who already has DVDFab? I don't get what any attraction to it is. I already own the other virtual drive type program and over time don't even have it installed anymore cause I just don't need it. Don't see a need for this either since I already have DVDFab.
    Some users like using other programs like 1click, DVDshrink, DVD neXt COPY and a few others that do not remove the copy protection with out a 3rd party program like passkey. I personally like to watch my region 3 DVDs on my computer that has a region 1 DVD drive and that is where Passkey comes in handy so I can watch the original region 3 DVD on the computer and not have to make a back up copy first

Leave a comment:

• Mike89
    replied
    Last edited by Mike89; 03-08-2010, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• XX14
    replied
    Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
    For the life of me I cant get it to work with 1Click, I never used the Cprx anyway but even though Pathplayer opens the movie I still get the message that the DVD is encrypted. What are your settings in Passkey?
    I had the same problem make sure to wait for passkey to fully open the Dvd and it will work.

I have so many different programs for burning on my pc its crazy I had to remove the other on the fly decrypter to get it to work also the two drivers on my system would not work together so I had to choose one or the other the other lost.

Leave a comment:

• AGJ
    replied
    I like to watch my original region 3 DVDs on my computer and Passkey makes that possible with out changing the region code for the DVD drive.

Passkey decrypts on the fly so you can use other programs like DVD shrink, 1click and others to make your back ups. DVDFab does not do that as it an all in one program that does it all except for what passkey does.

Now I meant I do not see the point of having Passkey running while I am using DVDFab to make a back up disc as DVDFab does the same decryption as passkey except for the on the fly part

Leave a comment:

• alcyone
    replied
    Sorry, but this is quite unclear and even confusing. First:
    Originally posted by AGJ View Post
    NO DVDFab does not decrypt on the Fly like Passkey does
    Then:
    I myself do not see any benifit to using Passkey when I am using DVDFab since DVDFab does the same as Passkey for the on the fly part as I have region 3 original DVDs that I like to watch instead of the back ups but my DVD drive is region 1 and passkey helps with the region code.
    (my emphasys on contradicting part)

I think I'm familiar with the concept of on-the-fly decryption, protection and region code removal. Alhough I am using DVDFab for more than three years, I haven't installed Passkey yet due to a concern it may conflict with [the other competitive product that is forbidden to be mentioned], which is practically identical in functionality.
    DVDFab does the same as Passkey, but it does it only "for itself", i.e. the other applications would see discs as protected even when DVDFab is running, while Passkey is resident in memory, and most probably installs a lower CDROM class filter (to do the magic of "on-the-fly").
    To that end, I think DVDFab overlaps with Passkey, and both products will have to be updated in order to keep-up with the ever changing copy protections. In other words, there is a redundancy - I suppose if both Passkey and DVDFab are running (the case in the second quote of your post, AGJ), DVDFab will see the disc as free of any protections and regions.

The point is that the part of DVDFab dealing with copy protection removal can now be completely omitted from it (just as in non-CSS version I was given a link after purchase) and protection/UOP/region removal passed completely over to the Passkey.
    That way DVDFab could be broken into two products: Passkey, which deals with protections (e.g. allows playing region mismatching discs), and the other for copying (compression, chapter/subtitle removal, cloning, etc.) and burning.
    This would give much cleaner "architecture" of DVDFab line products, allowing to update only one product (Passkey) instead of currently two (Passkey and DVDFab) as new protections emerge.

And for the end, what did you mean by "... I like to watch ..." part - how can you watch the movie with DVDFab?

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Chameleon
    replied
    It's working with The Hills Run Red says I have 5 minutes left using 1clickpro Full Disc with compression and passkey, my DVDs UPC# 8 8392900699 1. Never got the DVD encrypted message.
    Thanks AGJ, I am using Vista 64bit Ultimate and I am obviously doing something wrong, I will play around with it and see if I can replicate your success. Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• igorruckert
    replied
    Attached Brazilian Portuguese Translation
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• AGJ
    replied
    It's working with The Hills Run Red says I have 5 minutes left using 1clickpro Full Disc with compression and passkey, my DVDs UPC# 8 8392900699 1. Never got the DVD encrypted message.

Leave a comment:

• Chameleon
    replied
    my windows 7 is 64bit and my XP is 32bit no problems on both computers. I can even test with The Hills Run Red if you want as I have that movie in my collection as 1click just finished with Precious and it copied and burned no problems
    Unreal, I wonder what my problem is? Please try the Hill Run Red and see if you even get the Preview Window. Thanks alot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X