Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Passkey doing when it sits loading on a disc forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Passkey doing when it sits loading on a disc forever?

Normally when I put in a disc, Passkey recognizes that and pops up in the corner for a few seconds with a time elapsed and an activity bar to note that it's processing. Sometimes, and happening more and more with the latest update, it never finishes.

To be as clear as possible:
    1. Insert Blu-ray disc
    2. Passkey popup appears.
    3. Passkey popup stays. The activity bar keeps looping and the timer keeps counting up but the process never finishes and the disc never appears as an un-encrypted regular disc.
    4. Give up, close Passkey and eject the disc. Try again later.

I've left it alone and let it keep going for like, 15-20 minutes on a few occasions and the timer got up well over 1000 seconds. The activity light on the drive will continue to flash but that's about it.

It doesn't seem to be related to the disc because sometimes it will decrypt the disc correctly but other times it will do this for the exact same physical disc. In the most recent case I was watching a blu-ray yesterday and shut down my PC overnight. This morning I booted up and when Passkey started it got stuck and the disc never even left the drive. Then I switched to another disc, which also got stuck. So after exiting Passkey from the tray icon and re-inserting the disc...I'm now watching the movie. What is Passkey even doing here? Is there some way I can drop back to 9.2 or 9.1 or something since this issue didn't happen at all in Passkey 8 and happened much less often with older 9.X versions?

Generally, Passkey will begin to examine the disc and request the resources it needs from the decryption server. In the case where the resources don't exist or don't match the disc you have loaded, it will attempt to analyze the disc using BluPath, which can be slow and require 10-20 minutes or sometimes longer. It will show you this if you tell it to "show baloontip" in Passkey Settings. For the present, I suggest you attach the Passkey log generated by this title after a lengthy scan, like the one you reported so the developers can evaluate it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Generally, Passkey will begin to examine the disc and request the resources it needs from the decryption server. In the case where the resources don't exist or don't match the disc you have loaded, it will attempt to analyze the disc using BluPath, which can be slow and require 10-20 minutes or sometimes longer. It will show you this if you tell it to "show baloontip" in Passkey Settings. For the present, I suggest you attach the Passkey log generated by this title after a lengthy scan, like the one you reported so the developers can evaluate it.
      I enabled the "Show Balloon Tooltip" as you mentioned and it was actually popping up a new notification complete with ding tone every couple of seconds so I had to turn it off again.

These are never really new discs so the resources should be available, especially if they work sometimes. The one I have right now is a 2011 release.

I'll attach one log right now though it may not be useful. I put the disc in and let passkey run for about 5 minutes, though for some reason the "time elapsed" was reported as like 38000 seconds or something absurd. Then I noticed there was an upgrade available so I upgraded Passkey and the new version finished with the disc in like 10-15 seconds. Next time a disc goes on forever I'll let it run 20 minutes then put in a new log. Unless I'm unlucky enough to report an issue right before 9.3.8.6 fixes it, that shouldn't take more than a few hours.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please update to 9387 and try again, thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X