World on Fire DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World on Fire DVD

"World on Fire" is a three-disk set, with PBS labelling. The first DVD is correctly handled by passkey v9.4.0.1, but the first episode on the second and third DVDs is not. In each case that fails, the first episode on the DVD is automatically preceded by a 47 second "promo" by PBS. When that promo finishes running, VLC fails to continue to the actual episode. Using "scene selection", you can reach any scene in the first episode on the DVD *except* the first scene. Directly running the related vob, you can see the first scene, so it's the link from the ripped DVD play menu that's broken. Passkey log is attached.
    Attached Files

Please flush (delete) your Log folder, it will allow you to attach the log file without compressing. DVDFab will create a new one the next time you start Passkey. You can try temporarily turning off PathPlayer in Passkey Settings to see if the missing episodes will play. Be sure to re-enable it afterwards. Also, try downloading the trial version of DVDFab Media Player, it can probably play the discs without using Passkey.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn't realize you wanted just the file passkey_internal.log (I assumed helpful info was also in other files in that Log folder). The Log folder did contain just info for the disk that I had problems with. I'm assuming you did unzip and look at the desired log file.

Anyway, I did some more checking. Playing the first episode found on each of disks two and three of that "World on Fire" set can't be achieved from the top menu on the ripped (to hard disk) version of the DVD. And "Scene Selection" (on the ripped DVD top menu) also can't be done to the first scene of the first episode on those disks. In both cases, the vlc viewer simply closes the video window (it's traced a null path). But what *does* work is using "Scene Selection" to jump to the *second* (or later) scene in the desired episode, and then scrolling backward in time within vlc to the actual start of the episode. So the episode does seem to be fully present in the ripped version. It's just the ability to use the DVD menu to jump to the start of that episode that's broken. Again, that suggests a broken link.

I believe I "trialed" your Media Player at some point in the past. It can't be "trialed" again at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mbuff View Post
        "World on Fire" is a three-disk set, with PBS labelling. The first DVD is correctly handled by passkey v9.4.0.1, but the first episode on the second and third DVDs is not. In each case that fails, the first episode on the DVD is automatically preceded by a 47 second "promo" by PBS. When that promo finishes running, VLC fails to continue to the actual episode. Using "scene selection", you can reach any scene in the first episode on the DVD *except* the first scene. Directly running the related vob, you can see the first scene, so it's the link from the ripped DVD play menu that's broken. Passkey log is attached.
        For the two DVDs that have the playback issue, please open the original disc in PC drive, copy and zip all the files except the .vob files and then send them to our FTP. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X