Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passkey Interfere with both DVDFab 6.2.2.0 and DVDFab 7.0.1.2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey Interfere with both DVDFab 6.2.2.0 and DVDFab 7.0.1.2?

It appears that DVDPasskey negatively affected both DVDFab 6 and 7. When Passkey activated and ran on a background, I opened DVDFab 6 and inserted BD. Passkey reacted with "region window". That window indicated correct name of source and volume. DVDFab however, in its "region window" that opened second later, were seeing both source and volume incorrectly - something like: Souce Name [@j] and Volume Name: b
    After I click OK on both Passley and Fab "region window", DVDFab couldn't see the disc, and path to the disc didn't showed in Source line.
    Absolutely same thing happened with v.7
    Everything went back to normal when I exited Passkey and re-inserted the disc. It's obvious, there is a bug somewhere, I guess in Passkey. I think it should work in something like "pass through" mode when another DVDFab app is running
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Did you let Passkey finish opening the disc before starting DVDFab? I have used Passkey with DVDs with v7.0.1.2 with no conflicts. Should work for BD also.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Passkey were running on a background, than I opened DVDFab and than inserted disc. So, both apps were running at the time when i closed tray with BD. Passkey reacted on disc first though. I will try different combinations, in a meanwhile I have Passkey enabled only for non-DVDFab needs
      sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

This happened to me as well but I think passkey was not finished opening the DVD before I started DVDFab. The same thing happens using the competition program as well for me anyway. I will post results when done but I usually never run 2 decryptors at same time but only did this as test

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
          Passkey were running on a background, than I opened DVDFab and than inserted disc. So, both apps were running at the time when i closed tray with BD. Passkey reacted on disc first though. I will try different combinations, in a meanwhile I have Passkey enabled only for non-DVDFab needs
          try leaving fab off until passkey opens the disk then open fab.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            This happened to me as well but I think passkey was not finished opening the DVD before I started DVDFab. The same thing happens using the competition program as well for me anyway. I will post results when done but I usually never run 2 decryptors at same time but only did this as test
            beat me to it again .

Comment

Both Passkey and Fab do the same thing (albeit in a slightly different way).

It's a rather severe case of overkill to use both together, when either alone will do the job.

I can't help but wonder if the authors are running out of things to do, as they now have three programs to update...Fab, Passkey, and HD Decrypter...

If you're determined to use Fab with Passkey, might I suggest you get your hands on a copy of the non-CSS version of Fab... Start with Passkey, allow it to open the DVD, then fire up Fab... works every time.

DC

Comment

DVDFab and Passkey are not meant to be used together, why would you need to? But I have accidentally ripped two movies with it enabled without any problem, but in both cases I allowed Passkey to finish opening the disc before even starting DVDFab, as I mentioned earlier in this thread.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Overkill is right. I did the same as signals. DVDFAB 7 beta worked fine. Both backups run perfectly.

Comment

When you have both passkey and DVDFab you have to wait for passkey to finish opening the DVD before you start the other DVDFab like already mentioned. Now for those using the free DVDFab HD Decryptor I would disable all copy protection removal and disable pathplayer within DVDFab HD Decryptor and use Passkey to open the DVD or BD before opening DVDFab HD Decryptor. Since Passkey is updated while in the free beta period those who use the free decryptor waiting for it to be updated to handle the newer copy protection can now use it along with Passkey to get the DVD ripped to the hard drive
                    Last edited by AGJ; 03-09-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

@IPopov50
                      We are checking this issue, be patient and thanks for your feedback.
                      resigned

Comment

DarthCopier:
                        please don't throw stones at me. All I wanted to say is if you have Passkey running on background (and forgot about it, like I did) other DVDFab products may chock on it - that's it. However, if there is need to write a manual on sequence of program opening - it's usually an indication of needed improvements. All I was suggesting, that sometime, in their spare time, developers should add some immunity and priorities in their products, i.e. if you open DVDFab and Passkey were running, Passkey should idle, or something like that.
                        For me, since DVDFab my program of choice for most of my manipulations with video, I just keeping Passkey disabled, and activating it on "as needed" basis.
                        Thanks for your input though
                        sigpic

Comment

DarthCopier:
                          please don't throw stones at me. All I wanted to say is if you have Passkey running on background (and forgot about it, like I did) other DVDFab products may chock on it - that's it. However, if there is need to write a manual on sequence of program opening - it's usually an indication of needed improvements. All I was suggesting, that sometime, in their spare time, developers should add some immunity and priorities in their products, i.e. if you open DVDFab and Passkey were running, Passkey should idle, or something like that.
                          For me, since DVDFab my program of choice for most of my manipulations with video, I just keeping Passkey disabled, and activating it on "as needed" basis.
                          Thanks for your input though

Please believe me... I'm not throwing stones!!

Like you, I forget things, too... so for self protection, the only things I leave running in the background on my system are the AV program and the Anti-Spyware stuff. EVERYTHING else is on a 'run-when-needed' basis, (except whatever Windows starts and leaves running in the background...)

With regards to Passkey, your comments prompted me to try a test.

With Passkey running, left-clicking the sys. tray icon brings up a small menu. One of the options is Enable Passkey. When I first did this, Passkey was running and active, that option had a check mark beside it, and the icon itself was its yellow color. I clicked on it to disable it, with a DVD in one of my drives... the check mark disappeared, and the icon greyed out. So far, so good.

I then started Fab (the regular version) and allowed it to open the DVD. All OK there, too. I then opened the drive (with the DVD), and noticed that the Passkey icon had turned yellow again, even though it was still disabled. Fab read the disk again, with no interference from Passkey, so I decided to play with Passkey, and clicked on the X in the upper right corner to close Fab.

To my surprise, both Fab and Passkey closed completely.

I agree with you 100%. Passkey (or maybe even both programs) could stand a little more idiot-proofing in case they both end up being used together.

DC

Comment

Try the new version. Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                            X