This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is Passkey an addon to DVDFab

Hi all from Australia .I could not open a blu-ray disk with DVDFab so i tryed Passkey and that worked.what i wanted to know is this going to be included in DVDFab or will it have to be purchased.if i have to pay again what is the point of DVDFab.I do really like the conversion to MKV in the new beta version and would like to say WELL DONE to all.

Passkey is a different product which has currently more recent decryption than DVDFab.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Passkey is a different product which has currently more recent decryption than DVDFab.

They are diferent product but has the same decryption, so you can't say that Passkey is more recent that DVdFAb.

Passkey was made to work similar to [other software that shall not be named], so you can use any copy software you want.
      Last edited by Complication; 03-11-2010, 11:08 PM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software reference.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.I hope you get this free to the end of my DVDFab license otherwise i will feel ripped off.maybe they could let you choose what product you want till the end of your license? They can't be same decryption otherwise I should have been able to open 'SMOKIN ACES' bd-r but had to use Passkey?

Comment

Supposedly not. Different product, different registration.

@calcu007
          It uses same decryption engine, but PassKey is newer than latest DVDFab and therefore currently better decryption available.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Passkey is not an integral part of DVDFab. You should not assume it will be free forever, this is not the case. Do you get a Diet Coke free when you buy a Coke? No. Same company, different product even if some of the ingredients are the same.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by madman22 View Post
              Thanks for your feedback.I hope you get this free to the end of my DVDFab license otherwise i will feel ripped off.maybe they could let you choose what product you want till the end of your license? They can't be same decryption otherwise I should have been able to open 'SMOKIN ACES' bd-r but had to use Passkey?
              Make sure you're using the DVDFab beta 7012, I see no mention of the version you tried.
              Is this a copy or the original you're having problems with?

Comment

I was using ver 7.0.1.2 and it was a original disk, kept scanning for 4 or 5 min and then down loaded passkey and that opened the disk very quickly.Anyway thanks for your help and feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  Supposedly not. Different product, different registration.

@calcu007
                  It uses same decryption engine, but PassKey is newer than latest DVDFab and therefore currently better decryption available.

Not again, both uses SAME not better decryption engine. PassKey is newer because it is updating its features and a different product(a on-the-fly decrypter) but keeping same decryption engine. Think it as DVDFAb without the copy,burning,converting options. If you read the change log, there are not changes in the decryption.

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
                    Not again, both uses SAME not better decryption engine. PassKey is newer because it is updating its features and a different product(a on-the-fly decrypter) but keeping same decryption engine. Think it as DVDFAb without the copy,burning,converting options. If you read the change log, there are not changes in the decryption.

Let us not get confused here... the use of the same decryption engine does not necessarily mean that the results from one application will be exactly the same as another, especially if one application has had some tweaks to the decryption routines that the other hasn't - the engines are still the same, but what they can do is different (and in the case of Passkey, currently, better).

P.S. The change log, due to space limitations, can't possibly cover ALL the changes, and I'm also equally sure that the change log is written with the normal end-user in mind, and not the detail-obsessed user.

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
                      Let us not get confused here... the use of the same decryption engine does not necessarily mean that the results from one application will be exactly the same as another, especially if one application has had some tweaks to the decryption routines that the other hasn't - the engines are still the same, but what they can do is different (and in the case of Passkey, currently, better).

P.S. The change log, due to space limitations, can't possibly cover ALL the changes, and I'm also equally sure that the change log is written with the normal end-user in mind, and not the detail-obsessed user.

DC

Thanks for your feedback DarthCopier explains why i could open up the blu-ray smokin aces with PassKey and not with DVDFab.

Comment

Passkey as a ripoff to old customers

Thanks for your feedback.I hope you get this free to the end of my DVDFab license otherwise i will feel ripped off.
                        Well, then what about lifetime DVD2DVD, DVD2Mobile and BR2BR options?

The users that recently "discovered" Fengtao Inc. products are in advantage.
                        Now, I will never decide to buy DVDFab and certainly not (quite pricey) BR2BR option, when Passkey gives me better freedom to choose between ripping programs.

In fact, Fengtao Inc. competes with itself. Passkey is a strong competition to DVDFab - I wonder how would it impact on the sales of DVDFab, especially its options for decrypting DVDs or BDs.
                        My fear is DVDFab will always lag in its decryption capabilities to Passkey, and that could certainly be seens as a sort of ripoff!
                        In a worst case scenario, DVDFab could be discontinued...

Unless a smart, "fair play" and flexible licencing policy would be applied, old customers are at a great disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by alcyone View Post
                          Passkey is a strong competition to DVDFab
                          Why? PAsskey and DVDfab have the same decryption engine. The only diference is that DVdfab give u diferent copy and converting options. In case you need only a decrypter then you can use passkey.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback DarthCopier explains why i could open up the blu-ray smokin aces with PassKey and not with DVDFab.
                            You can only open it with passkey because it isn't reading for copy. It is only decrypting on the fly. So the reading proceess in dvdfab is diferent that passkey. When you open a DVD or Bluay with dvdfab it have to read to show you the content so you can chose what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
                              Why? PAsskey and DVDfab have the same decryption engine. The only diference is that DVdfab give u diferent copy and converting options. In case you need only a decrypter then you can use passkey.
                              But I'll have to pay for the Passkey.
                              If I hadn't already bought those DVDFab options, I could buy only Passkey (whose price would certainly be less than the sum of the lifetime options I bought) and for example use free DVDFab HD Decrypter along with it.
                              See my point?

As for the "same decryprion engine" - yes, but with Passkey always one or two steps ahead of DVDFab, as is already the case...
                              Last edited by alcyone; 03-13-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: typo/cosmetic

Comment

Working...
                              X