This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for DVDFab Passkey

I was a big fan of DVDIdle Pro and was happy to see the release of Passkey. My BD Player was restricting playback on certain discs and I've had to use xxxxxx instead. Very happy to start using more Fengtao software (I also use DVDFab).

That all said I have a couple of small suggestions for you.

1. Add a hide tray icon option.
    2. Install shortcuts into common start menu folder 'Fengtao' or 'DVDFab'
    3. More description onMouseOver of items. What is "Region Code Enhancement'?

Thanks again will defiantly be buying this on release.

G
    Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM. Reason: delete mention of competing software

2. This should be a user option. I don't want mine there.
    3. RCE is just a more dastardly form of Region Coding protection. I think there are limits to what can be realistically conveyed in mouseover text.

I am enjoying Passkey too. Saves tons of time when checking a disc for forced subs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here are two other suggestions:

1. The "special" DVD Regions 7 and 8 should also be supported (also by DVDFab). Yes, these Regions are unusual, but for completeness, they should not be ignored.

2. One could add the "Preview" option, so DVDFab Passkey can also be used as a simple multi-region DVD/BD player software.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Preview is not really needed in my opinion. Or else Passkey would end like Nero since version 7 -- also called bloatware. Too many things while most users only want to burn.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

The more features added to Passkey the more chance of a meltdown.

It works as intended now so leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by mediafox View Post
            Here are two other suggestions:

1. The "special" DVD Regions 7 and 8 should also be supported (also by DVDFab). Yes, these Regions are unusual, but for completeness, they should not be ignored.

2. One could add the "Preview" option, so DVDFab Passkey can also be used as a simple multi-region DVD/BD player software.

Many greetings,

Mediafox
            2. Preview? Passkey is on the fly decrypter not a "complete copy program". With passkey you can watch movies of anyregion because it remove the region code in fly

Comment

Even when Passkey is no longer a beta version, one could still distribute a "light version" as freeware. This version could remove the DVD and BD Region codes on the fly and perhaps change the disc navigation.

In former times, there was a free program named "DVD Region Killer" available that could remove the DVD Region on the fly, but only if the DVD drive was already region-free, and of course, at that time, Blu-ray did not exist yet.

Therefore, a new free tool that can remove the disc Region on the fly would be highly appreciated by users who look for a cheap possibility to watch discs from all Regions, so the Passkey light version could be the "DVD Region Killer"'s successor.

However, the DVD Regions 7 and 8 should be added both to Passkey and to DVD Fab. Yes, they are rarely used, but for completeness, practically all programs allowing the modification of the DVD Region code offer them.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Originally posted by mediafox View Post
                Even when Passkey is no longer a beta version, one could still distribute a "light version" as freeware. This version could remove the DVD and BD Region codes on the fly and perhaps change the disc navigation.

In former times, there was a free program named "DVD Region Killer" available that could remove the DVD Region on the fly, but only if the DVD drive was already region-free, and of course, at that time, Blu-ray did not exist yet.

Therefore, a new free tool that can remove the disc Region on the fly would be highly appreciated by users who look for a cheap possibility to watch discs from all Regions, so the Passkey light version could be the "DVD Region Killer"'s successor.

However, the DVD Regions 7 and 8 should be added both to Passkey and to DVD Fab. Yes, they are rarely used, but for completeness, practically all programs allowing the modification of the DVD Region code offer them.

Many greetings,

Mediafox
                I have a feeling that this will be available but I'm not sure as I not work for them. You are right it would be nice to have a light version and there just might be one as DVDFab does have the free DVDFab HD Decryptor so why not have a free version for Passkey as well

Comment

Working...
                X