Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREE DVDFab Passkey Light Version? FREE Disc Region Killer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other FREE DVDFab Passkey Light Version? FREE Disc Region Killer?

Hello,

When DVDFab Passkey has ended its beta stage, will there be a FREE Passkey Light version?

I also suggested to add the DVD-Region-killing part of DVDFab Passkey to DVDFab Region Reset, and I was told there were considerations to merge DVDFab Region Reset into DVDFab Passkey ( http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=6318 ).

A FREE program that can bypass both BD and DVD Regions (also with Region-locked drives) on the fly would be highly appreciated.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Are there any plans for the near future already?

Comment

As you can imagine, Fengtao's competitors would really, really like to have this information too. Unlikely that it would be shared in a public forum. And what difference does it make? It's free now, just enjoy it!
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

from what it looks like it will be in beta stage for a good while (from what i have seen since the first release)
        and when it does come available on the market it will hopefully be very affordable (fingers crossed)
        (C)ROBDOG 2010
        (C) SN and pic only

Comment

I will bet it will be very reasonably priced and it is free now in beta and I love it I am sure the cost will be less than some competitors and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
            I will bet it will be very reasonably priced and it is free now in beta and I love it I am sure the cost will be less than some competitors and then some.
            Well, it sure is a good thing while it is free, and as far as I could test it so far it works quite well.
            However, a few years ago I bought basically the same thing from Fengtao, albeit under the name "DVD Region&CSS Free". It worked equally well and I was quite pleased with the software - until, after just about 10 months, the updates stopped. As I had paid good money for a lifetime license I was kind of disappointed to say the least. I never even got as much as a word of explanation or apology from Fengtao. So, while I still think that their products are quite good I am nevertheless reluctant to spend money on one of them again, let alone on one that I already bought, even if it had another name back then.

Comment

Ninja5
              This is a support forum, not a place where your consumer alerts or editorial opinions are welcome. Passkey is free for now and Fengtao has said that all who had a license for the discontinued product will be taken care of when it becomes a retail product. That should be good enough. This is the only warning you will receive.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals
                I am genuinely sorry if I posted this in the wrong place - I honestly did not recognize the message I replied to above as something support-related. And it sure is good news that Fengtao announced that they plan to take care of the old product`s licensees - I had not heard about that before. Nor had I, to be honest, excpected anything of that kind after all this time.

Comment

We have no details yet, since Passkey is still free. I think it will apply to IdlePro and probably Region+CSS. Details will be announced when the change is made to take Paskey retail.

Comment

@ninja5

Since you bought DVDIdle Pro, you will get DVDFab Passkey for free when paid version is out.
                    resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                      Thanks - after yesterday's post by signals I searched for where this might have been said and found that thread, as well as this one: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5229
                      As I registered DVD Region&CSS Free in December of 2005, I guess this applies to me, too.
                      To my defense, for not having seen it before - it took real thorough searching to find these two.
                      Last edited by ninja5; 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X