This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVI Splitter Problem

I have a lcd monitor shared with my lcd tv. Using a powered DVI splitter I just got found out that it isn't HDCP compliant. So if I try using ArcSoft TotalMediaPlayer to play my blu-ray's and dvd's all I get is a strange multicolored snow on the HDTV.
    Blu-ray's are decrypted ok with DVDFab Passkey, if I try playing a Bluray without it on the HDTV I get the multicolored snow, with it It shows multicolored snow for a couple of seconds then I get the HD picture and everything is fine.
    BUT DVD's I get multicolored snow either way, no DVDFab Passkey or enabled it still is multicolored snow.

I have also tried other software, and it yields the same results, blu-rays display ok pass the DVI splitter to my HDTV, but DVD's do not.
    The DVI Splitter I'm using a a Thinklogical VDA-3, 1 in, 2 out. DVI to HDMI cable to my HDTV.

For further clarification:

1.) Blu-ray, no DVDPasskey, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.
    2.) Blu-ray, DVDPasskey Enabled, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, working great!
    3.) DVD, no DVDPasskey, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.
    4.) DVD, DVDPasskey Enabled, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.

I've proved Passkey and other software work with Blu-ray's thru the DVI Splitter when enabled, but not DVD's. So it has something todo with the copy-protection. Did I explain this well ?

Comment

You have explained it very clearly. It seems that DVDFab and Passkey are not removing the HDCP protection from (presumably upscaled) DVDs. And your splitter should be returned as defective.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hehe HDCP is not used for DVD's and the removal of HDCP like I said is working for Blu-rays. My DVI Splitter is not defective - is there anyone here that actually read and understood my post?

Comment

Try without the splitter to actually know if it a Passkey issue or the splitter issue as from what you mentioned in the quote below it sounds like the splitter may be causing the problem and if you test with out splitter would know if it was

Blu-ray's are decrypted ok with DVDFab Passkey, if I try playing a Bluray without it on the HDTV I get the multicolored snow, with it It shows multicolored snow for a couple of seconds then I get the HD picture and everything is fine

Comment

Yeah I have tried without the splitter, and then DVD's play ok, Blu-rays don't need HDCP removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Carandiru View Post
              Yeah I have tried without the splitter, and then DVD's play ok, Blu-rays don't need HDCP removed.
              Actually if your monitor is not HDCP compliant you need passkey to watch Blu-rays using that. So since you tried with out the splitter and works then I think you should be doing what signals said return the splitter as defective

Comment

Working...
              X