Extremely slow shortcut key response while Passkey is running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely slow shortcut key response while Passkey is running

Hello, I recently have been experiencing an issue which I can confirm is now caused by DVDFab Passkey.

To replicate:

1) Create a shortcut to any program on the desktop (e.g. Notepad)
    2) Go to the properties of this new shortcut and assign a shortcut key (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+X)

Close DVDFab Passkey and try the shortcut, notice that it is extremely fast and responsive.

Now open DVDFab Passkey and try the shortcut again, there is usually a 5 - 10 delay before the program opens.

I can replicate this in both Windows 7x64 and Windows XP. I went back and forth with the DVDFab guys via email but they said they couldn't replicate it and that I should try the forum for clarification.

Can anyone here confirm this bug / problem on their system?

Thanks heaps
    Zambz

I can confirm this. It is more like 3.5 seconds when I try it. Passkey must be running; if you Exit, the performance returns to normal. Makes no difference if a disc is inserted or not, makes no difference if enabled/disabled. Win7Pro(64).

Xubin would be the one to discuss this with. He will see this I'm sure.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      I can confirm this. It is more like 3.5 seconds when I try it. Passkey must be running; if you Exit, the performance returns to normal. Makes no difference if a disc is inserted or not, makes no difference if enabled/disabled. Win7Pro(64).

Xubin would be the one to discuss this with. He will see this I'm sure.
      Thank you so much for confirming, your delay estimate (3.5 seconds) is most likely correct, I can't say that I timed it. It just felt long

Fingers crossed this can be fixed since I haven't been able to use my license of DVDIdle Pro since I upgraded to Windows 7 and this bug is enough to stop me using DVDPassKey.

Comment

Xubin is one of the most responsive developers I know, if it can be fixed without degrading the performance of Passkey I am confident he will do it. This apparently does not impact many users, I have not seen it reported previously (but it could be a new problem).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The problem was fixed, please wait for next beta which should be out very soon.

Thanks for reporting.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Hi zambz,

Please try DVDFab Passkey 7057 beta to see the result:

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Thank you so much, this new version fixes the issue for me!

Comment

Working...
              X