Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey doesn't help

Hi all,

Downloaded and installed Passkey, but with no success. OS Win7, Toshiba Satellite P500, BD-DVD-ROM Matshita BD-MLT UJ240ES, set to Region 1. I have a DVD set to Region 2 (Kurosawa's "Kagemusha"), it won't play in any player I have - BD-WinDVD for Toshiba, Toshiba DVD Player, Windows Media Player - DVDFab won't copy it, and Passkey itself breaks down trying to open the source - at a certain point I get a sort of an I/O error. Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
    Ilya

This might be a problem with your Matshita drive on the computer. Would you have a different drive to use to see if that is the problem. Matshita drives are known to give problems when a DVD with a different region than the drive is inserted even though you have a decryptor like Passkey running.

Maybe post the internal logs for Passkey and they located in document-passkey-log

Comment

This is indeed a problem with the drive. I have a UJ240B in my HP dv8t and it does the same thing, matshita drives always do. Get a USB drive if you are using a laptop, or another internal drive with more reasonable firmware for a desktop.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X