New bug introduced in 7.0.5.7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bug introduced in 7.0.5.7?

Hello, I have been using Passkey for several months and have been incredibly pleased with the results. I simply allow Passkey to run in the background and then use a simple filecopy to rip the disc to my hard drive. This has worked perfectly with every every title I have tried...until updating to 7.0.5.7.

My normal routine is to rip the Blu-ray to my hard drive, and then use eac3to to demux and then remux to .MKV using mkvmerge. Since updating to 7.0.5.7, now I am getting errors when I use eac3to:

First error:
    Skipping 467712 bytes to work around damaged source file...
    Hint: You can use the option "-fix" to clean up the damage.
    The format of the source file could not be detected.
    Second error when -fix is applied:
    Fixed first 467712 bytes of damaged source file...
    Using -check gives me:
    At this point I can do nothing more with the ripped files...they are unusable with eac3to.

I have verified (in my mind anyway) that this is a problem which has been introduced with 7.0.5.7, as I have another machine running 7.0.3.6 which rips the exact same discs without the errors. I have also noted other people in other places encountering the same errors, so I am a bit puzzled why it has not been reported here as yet. The errors, though different in byte count count, are otherwise exactly the same no matter what disc is being ripped, no matter how old or new the title is, and, like I said, the EXACT same discs rip perfectly using 7.0.3.6.

My OS is Win 7 x86.

I am not complaining... I LOVE Passkey! I just wanted to report this bug, as I did not find any other reports of it here.

Try using Advanced I/O Mode

Comment

Try using Advanced I/O Mode
      No luck...I get exactly the same errors in either mode.

Is there a way to get 7.0.3.6 to work beyond November 15th? Like I said, that version works perfectly, but I am running out of time.
      Last edited by Oddwunn; 11-11-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

No, sorry there is not.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Has anyone else here had this problem? I have now loaded 7.0.5.7 onto a total of 3 computers and they all exhibit the exact same behavior. It is a 100% reproducible issue. Is there no one else who uses eac3to or one of its GUIs?

I am more anxious than ever to get this resolved, as I would like to purchase the newly released version 8, but I can't possibly do so until I know that the issue has been recognized and is being worked on.

Comment

Do any of the developers read this forum? I am just mystified why this issue is being totally ignored. The problem is 100% reproducible, so it can't be a case of not being able to recreate it. Or is it just that no one is interested in looking into the issue? If so, please let me know and I will just move on to competing products, but Passkey worked so well up until 7.0.5.7 that I would really rather buy your better and lower priced product. My thinking is that if you don't recognize that the issue exists, then it will carry over from this point forward, so there is no sense in *buying* Passkey until something is done to fix things. Just look around at some other boards...I am not alone with this problem. The ball is in your court.

Comment

Try the latest official release of Passkey released on November 12 http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=9415 and yes the developer for Passkey reads the forum

Comment

@Oddwunn
                I'm sorry for the delay in replying, we will fix it in the next release.

Thanks for your feedback.
                resigned

Comment

I'm sorry for the delay in replying, we will fix it in the next release.
                  Thank you very much. I appreciate your concern in this matter and I look forward to the next release.

Comment

@Oddwunn
                    I have tested this with several blu-ray discs, no error. Which blu-ray disc do you used?
                    resigned

Comment

I get these errors with EVERY disc that I rip. The latest ones were Stargate, all 4 Die Hard movies, Superman 1 and 2, Baraka, Chronos, Drumline, and Dragon Hunters.

Just to be clear, there is no error *reported* by Passkey. The error is found when the disc is demuxed using eac3to. That is when I see the errors as outlined in my first post. I have used eac3to to demux at least 300 Blu-ray titles and I never saw those errors until I loaded 7.0.5.7, and it happens every time I rip a disc with 7.0.5.7 and ONLY with 7.0.5.7. All previous versions of Passkey have worked perfectly. I hope this helps.

Comment

I just tested 7.0.5.7 on a Win XP machine...no errors. The errors seem to be on Win 7 machines only (I only use 32 bit...I do not have the 64 bit version installed anywhere, so I can not test it).

Comment

Please try the new version of Passkey.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

@Oddwunn
                            thanks for your info. i will test it in 32bit os later.
                            resigned

Comment

Problem fixed in beta 8.0.0.4!!

Xubin was very diligent and persistent in tracking down this bug. I don't know the particulars of what he did, but it is now fixed...no more corrupted data...

If you are running into problems with previous versions, I highly suggest giving 8.0.0.4 beta a try.

Comment

Working...
                              X